file Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

• Posts 28

wyldone replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Hell yeah... I'm in for a Death March... even though technically I don't know what it is.

DC... I'm there for 2 weeks after the Gathering and plan on doing a few pack trips. How long are you planning on sticking around for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 68

dctrout replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Basically a "death march" is just a stroll in the park albeit a tough day hike in the wilderness area of Kosciousko National Park.
The original one was organised by Warnsey in to the Upper Tooma during 2009 Gathering at Adaminaby featuring one of his "famous" cross country scrub bashing shortcuts without even consulting a topo map.Chief,myself and a couple of others chose the soft option fishing our way around the dam and generally having a pleasant day.Warnsey,2 fish,Action Man and I'm not sure who else finally arrived back at the trail head late in the day looking a bit worse for wear and hardly even fishing.We ended up late for tea at the pub that night and if it wasn't for Scottie sweet talking the chef we would have gone hungry.
These are my recollections of the day and anybody else is welcome to share their pleasant memories of the day.
Rob,I shall send a PM now re post Gathering.

• Posts 136

jimmyellenberger replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Generally I am pretty good to go with anything that doesn't involve jumars, etriers or bloody prussick knots, so I will put my hand up as well. However I do reserve the privilege of withdrawing without embarrassment after I receive a detailed terrain briefing. There are clearly defined limitations in force, and no one really seems to like dragging old bastards home any more. This is getting exciting. Cheers...Jimmy Pro Tip- always put 3 jumars in the ruck.

• Posts 127

Chief replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Freddie & I will lead the easy paced alternative :rofl

Chief

• Posts 584

mitch aka 2 fish replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

fortune favouring the brave is a myth east of perth.

not all forums consist of 'which 5wt?' and 'what can I have for $200?' but they're very hard to find.

fly fishing for dummies.

• Posts 25

Redders replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Righto all Gatherers ... it seems the logo design has been handballed down the chain... Warnesy has nicely backed away & Shawn seems to have followed ... as I am charged with getting the embroidering done
(assuming the you all get your shirt orders in to Shawn - as he has so nicely requested !)
I reckon Jasmines 'Thredbo 2018" design is a ripper ..... but do we want "The Gathering" embroidered at the top
of the logo ??

All constructive advice will be taken on board - but probably not acted on ( i'm too lazy !)

Let me know your thoughts - I just need to get the design sorted , otherwise we'll miss out

Redders

• Posts 127

Chief replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Being a boring old fart I'd like "Thredbo Gathering 2018" incorporated.

Chief

• Posts 138

Warnesy replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

Backed away or left in your capable hands redders...

• Posts 584

mitch aka 2 fish replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

I can only do so much.

cheers,
sloth

not all forums consist of 'which 5wt?' and 'what can I have for $200?' but they're very hard to find.

fly fishing for dummies.

• Posts 138

Warnesy replied: Flylife Forum Gathering 2018

A bit of gathering swag has arrived...
Attachments:

You are not logged in.