GOODoo News

aybe replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

A larger image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keegs replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

Nice catch aybe.
Went out during the day chasing yellas a few weeks ago. Had no luck on them but did pick up a 73cm and my first meter cod. Was in a hole that you may have fished with Ben one day

ben replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

aybe wrote: A larger image.

About time you got one Ash- might be able to get out in a couple of weeks - hopefully.

Nice By-catch Keegs - 1metre cod is a cracking fish

Cheers

Ben

aybe replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

ben wrote:

aybe wrote: A larger image.

About time you got one Ash- might be able to get out in a couple of weeks - hopefully.

Nice By-catch Keegs - 1metre cod is a cracking fish

Cheers

Ben

Your not wrong Ben been pretty lean so far for fish actually landed.:oops:

Boris replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

G'day fellas any one know how water are around the Murrumbidgee for cod? Looking for info for some visiting anglers from Europe who are itching to c&r some nice cod. Any help would be great.

T'bolt replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

Keegs wrote: Nice catch aybe.
Went out during the day chasing yellas a few weeks ago. Had no luck on them but did pick up a 73cm and my first meter cod.

A metre on fly. awesome!!!! s:up

Cheers

DrSpeckles replied the topic: Re: GOODoo News

HamishWebb wrote: Hi guys

The cod fishermen amongst us might be interested in my latest blog, which looks at how shifting baselines affect our perceptions of how "healthy" fisheries are. It spends a fair bit of time looking historical murray cod populations. Anyway, hopefully its of interest. http://flickandflyjournal.com/2015/06/1 ... fisheries/

Cheers
Hamish

Just read this Hamish. Really good work.

I remember discussing with some locals out on the Darling once about how the fishing had been stuffed. I asked them how they knew the fishing was no good. They told me that in the old days they would camp by the river and put out 50 set lines and expect to get close to 50 fish when they came back. Now they were lucky to get any.

Not bright enough to put two and two together...

thommo227 replied the topic: GOODoo News

A little movie from the weekend. Water was still a bit high, fast and dirty and my home-made special was the only fly I could tempt them on despite trying much brighter patterns in the chocolate coloured water.

I've known a few people who totally mortgaged their lives so they could make a bunch of money figuring they'll retire and be able to buy their lives back, and I just don't think it works that way- John Gierach

thommo227 replied the topic: GOODoo News

Wanted to see if you can catch cod in the winter.

Spent a nearly full day hiking up and down the river. Water much dirtier than usual, but the cod were on fire.

My best outing yet. 7 landed, 3 lost including what I think was my biggest hooked ever (yes I knew I should have changed the chaffed leader after the first 3 fish, but was being lazy).

Unlike in the warmer months, most hits were very soft - just a light twitch of the line rather than the usual heart-stopping thump. It felt like they'd just nipped the tail of the fly, but had actually eaten it.

Beautiful warm day, but had to get down into the Speedos 3 times to extract snagged flies and the water was absolutely icy.

I've known a few people who totally mortgaged their lives so they could make a bunch of money figuring they'll retire and be able to buy their lives back, and I just don't think it works that way- John Gierach

You are not logged in.