DT lines

Castingsport created the topic: DT lines

Does anyone know of any DT 10, 11 or 12 weight floating lines available from any manufacturer? Thanks in advance, John

Don't allow your haul to add bend to your rod

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Peter_Clynes replied the topic: DT lines

Castingsport replied the topic: DT lines

Thanks for taking the time to reply Peter, much appreciated. They would be ideal but are not available in floating. Salmon lines are mostly multi-tapered now, incorporating back tapers and short level sections, which are not the best for distance, hence my search for DTs that can cut to length and weight. Might have to get one made.

Thanks again,

John

• Hirdy
  • (Formerly known as Kalgrm)

Hirdy replied the topic: DT lines

I've bought some of the lines from Anglers Roost, but they only go to DT10 and are bright orange (which is fine by me). They are 100' long in weights 7 and above, which is also quite fine by me! :) (The 7 and 8 wt lines I bought were 100', even though the web site says otherwise.)

I don't know how long they will last, but at US$13 a pop with loops on each end, I don't really care.

I can't help you with the 11 and 12 weight lines though.

Cheers,
Graeme

(IFFF Certified Casting Instructor)

freestone replied the topic: DT lines

Castingsport wrote: Does anyone know of any DT 10, 11 or 12 weight floating lines available from any manufacturer? Thanks in advance, John

John, I might be able to help. I have two double taper floating fly lines, one in #10 and one in #12. They are both in unused mint condition and still in original packing. I bought them off a forumite a while back with plans of using them, but my plans have changed and I would be pleased to pass them onto you for $40 ea plus post if you are interested. PM me if you want to progress.

freestone
AKA fingers
Attachments:

Thanks Graeme, am experimenting with line mass and length at the moment so durability is not an issue and you're correct, at that price......

I don't like the back taper concept as it diminishes distance so a head made from a DT is the way to go for me.

Appreciated. Thanks again,

John

That's great Freestone, exactly what I am after, consider them sold. The English lines are great. looking forward to playing with them. Please send me a PM with your bank details and I will remit. I'll PM with my details also.

Thanks again,

John

Glad to help, PM is on its way

freestone
AKA fingers

• Hirdy
  • (Formerly known as Kalgrm)

Hirdy replied the topic: DT lines

Castingsport wrote: I don't like the back taper concept as it diminishes distance so a head made from a DT is the way to go for me.

Exactly why I like them too John. Good luck with the experiments and I'd love to know the results.

Cheers,
Graeme

(IFFF Certified Casting Instructor)

Castingsport wrote: That's great Freestone, exactly what I am after, consider them sold. The English lines are great. looking forward to playing with them. Please send me a PM with your bank details and I will remit. I'll PM with my details also.

Thanks again,

John

Hi John, I sent you a PM on this 5 days ago

Regards, Ron

freestone
AKA fingers

You are not logged in.