file Pete Watson Stimi

• Posts 163

Chief created: Pete Watson Stimi

Funny lot these fly tyers, just happened to mention to DCtrout that I liked the hooks PW used on the Stimi of his I was using - should have heard the fuss when DC declared it was in fact one of his and I now hear about it daily :) Great fly which worked well and for evermore will be know as the “Pete Watson Stimi” s:up

Chief
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 196

woody-wood replied: Pete Watson Stimi

The problem Chief is that you have scammed so many flies from people that you have forgotten who's flies you have scammed.

Dont upset DC or your early morning coffee may disappear.

• Posts 23

Ewingii replied: Pete Watson Stimi

:rofl :rofl You're a victim of your own success Dave! can't keep track of the scams, better cut back :P

Careful DC I feel this is somehow an evil plot to get a few more stimmies ... out of both of us!

Cheers Pete

• Posts 746

flylife replied: Pete Watson Stimi

Maybe you need a fly box (labelled accordingly) for each major scamming source Chief, so you can give credit, or more likely criticism, where due!

• Posts 163

Chief replied: Pete Watson Stimi

flylife wrote: Maybe you need a fly box (labelled accordingly) for each major scamming source Chief, so you can give credit, or more likely criticism, where due!

I'm working on this and have many C&F fly Boxes, some that are empty BUT there are only so many that fit in the vest especially when sorted by tyer/location. Eg Ewingii/Tassie DCTrout/Victoria etc etc :)

Chief

• Posts 95

dctrout replied: Pete Watson Stimi

Normally I would be honored :ohmy: to have one of my flies called as one of Pete's masterpieces but I think Chief was having one of those should have gone to specsavers moments.Especially after he had just caught a lovely brown on it which a photo taken by me :ohmy: and is in the Gathering thread.I do like to get a bit of the credit for trout caught on my flies and as soon as I got within 5 metres of Chief I knew it was one of my hi vis versions created for shadowy little creeks.
I don't think non tiers realise how much emotional energy goes in to every fly that comes out of my vice.There is a story on the development of the Pete Watson Stimmi with Pete being sort of involved in the pre development but that is for another day.
By the way what hook do you use Pete as I use a Black Magic B 16.

• Posts 163

Found some more so I now have 5x orange legs and 3x tan legs - that fly box is under lock & key ;)

Now have my nymphs sorted by tyer and at Tumut the other day the PW Silver H&C NZ 19 won the day over the DC Black & Silver and the PB Blue & Silver :S

Chief

• Posts 23

Ewingii replied: Pete Watson Stimi

Your patterns are always treasured DC s:up For my Stimmi's I like a bit of a curve in the hook shank, purely for aesthetic reasons. My favourite is Tiemco's TMC2302, has a slight curve to the shank and a nice gape. While a lot of others use them, I dislike TMC 200R's. The gape is too small for my liking on this style of fly

Cheers Pete

• Posts 95

dctrout replied: Pete Watson Stimi

Upon arrival home from work and checking the letter box there was a little parcel with a heap of rubber legs in it :ohmy:
Not quite sure what I am meant to do with them as there was none of Pete's hooks ;)
I guess I will just have to use mine :whatever

• Posts 163

dctrout wrote: Upon arrival home from work and checking the letter box there was a little parcel with a heap of rubber legs in it :ohmy:
Not quite sure what I am meant to do with them as there was none of Pete's hooks ;)
I guess I will just have to use mine :whatever

Reckon I should run out of PW Stimi's in 2025 :lol

Chief

You are not logged in.