Classifieds WTB BFR Modula 55

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

oldpiscator
    Participant

Am interested in purchasing a BFR Modula 55 if anyone has one they are not using. Can be contacted on 040eight o three three 5seven2.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Pardon my ignorance but is that some kind of spaceship, subversive equipment or genuine fishing kit?

The OP never ceases to amaze me…and thats just the coffee.

Poorly educated… Jimmy

oldpiscator
    Participant

Must try and educate our poor Yankee friend in the superiority of British built fly reels over those overpriced under performing  items from the USA. Thank God for the mother country !!

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Ahhh.. of course. BFR = British Fishing Reel.  The ever imaginative Brits.

Their cassette looks identical to the ones in use on my Grey’s 7/8 which is interesting but probably not surprising in our modern world.

Thanks OP, I know I could have googled it first but a brief conversation is much more usefull.

Cheers…Jimmy

micmac3701
    Participant

I still have a couple of old BFR Dragonfly Cartridge reels kicking about in a bottom drawer. Solid (tad heavy), sturdy and versatile. I remember thinking swapping cartridges to switch lines was a cool idea, until I figured out sinking lines just were not my thing. Then of course I got seduced by lighter, brighter, clickier,  aerospace type stuff .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.