Flies & Fly Tying Winter approaches

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

micmac3701
    Participant

The “Bool” can be a tight lipped and miserly venue but when it does reveal its secrets they are usually very nice fish. Fat, fit and great colours. I really need to get on the water earlier to test the morning midge feeders.

bool-1

micmac3701
    Participant

I did manage a morning (ish) session, solid cloud cover made up for my tardy arrival. As suspected fishing moving in the shallows. There are times when a plan works to script and this turned out to be one of those times.

This guy was in 30cm of water less than a metre from the bank and inhaled the stick caddis without hesitation.  Once this lockdown is in the rearview mirror  I may have to set the alarm and check out the shallow bays at first light.stick-caddis

ANDREW
    Participant

Nice fish. You are very lucky to live within 5km from this lake in current lockdown.

micmac3701
    Participant

Don’t be fooled by the asynchronous  nature of the interwebs Andy, these are all pre-regional Vic lockdown missions just now i have spare time to add them to the thread.

As luck would have it, I am actually pretty close to a handy fishing lake, though its more carp and redfin than trout.

The move the NE Vic was in no small part due to the proximity to some pretty good trout fishing streams, with just enough stillwaters to help stave off closed season cabin fever.

Looks like by the time this Lockdown is over the season will have started back up and with the decent rains and snow this winter the streams are looking very good.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.