Sponsor Offers & Announcements Winding Up my Fly Tying Business

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JC2
    Participant

After thirteen years in the Business since 2006 I have decided to stop tying flies commercially.

Now have more time to develop my Art and will now concentrate all my time painting and drawing.

To all the Voucher holders from the Gathering I will continue to honour those until the end of this year. Just email your request to [email protected] bigpond.net. au.

I will still continue to tie flies for my friends and for my personal use.

All the Best,

Jeff

woody-wood
    Participant

All the best following your passion in art Jeff.

I guess I will have to start tying my own Barry Lodge Emergers now.

Chief
    Participant

After thirteen years in the Business since 2006 I have decided to stop tying flies commercially.
    I will still continue to tie flies for my friends and for my personal use

👍👍

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

let it be said that I was always happy just to take them from your box.

cheers,

shawn

please refer this post to the next scrappy-doo that wants to tie commercially.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

and sell me all your good stuff.

JC2
    Participant

Thanks Mitch, Woody and the Chief.

Over the years I have collected a lot of excellent materials and will be keeping them and using them.

You are always welcome to take any of my flies from my box that is if you are quicker than the Chief or Woody.

Woody there will be plenty Barry Lodge Emergers to go around, still have all those Black Crow (see Raven) feathers given to me from Essential in Launceston.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  JC2.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

pffft. chief could easily have the eye from your head if you weren’t looking.

JC2
    Participant

pffft. chief could easily have the eye from your head if you weren’t looking.

The Chief is quick but always has some oysters and Guinness for his old mate.

Spend a lot of my time with this little guy, he chews up all my art pencils and brushes. We are mates.

Attachments:

Warnesy
    Participant

I was worried for a second. If Chief can’t get a hold of your Greenwell’s Glory he may never catch a fish in Tassie…

All the best with the art Jeff, I always enjoy the progress posts on your work.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Warnesy.

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Well done on getting through 13 years of it Jeff. I read it as your transfer from one focus of art to another.  I still tie Black Spinners with a trimmed full hackle for the lakes.  Here’s to many years of your steady hands and capacity for detail creating visual delights both pleasing to the eye and thought provoking in their story.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Gee that’s a good call Jeff. This is going to be fantastic to watch develop, Im pretty excited for you. So…. considering that I am one of the fortunate holders of the Gathering prize, it would be nice if you could tie things as pairs please. That way I can fish with one and frame all the others as a group. That will give you something to consider on a winters day. I shall trust your choices without question, with all that in mind.

I was thrilled with your eagles above Gungarlin Jeff. Enjoy the extra painting time.

Cheers… Jimmy

Boris
    Participant

You old bastard, winding up the slave labour is well understood!!

But I’m glad you’re still going to be busy with the voucher flies.

I think a toast is in order next time we cross paths on some water.

Tocs
    Participant

Well done Jeff – enjoy the time.

My ‘Joe’s Hoppers’ have jumped in value!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.