Events WFFC

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

flylife

World champs in Tassie is officially underway with comp due to start tomorrow. Forecast is a bit nasty in the highlands for a few days so I can see why Essential Flyfisher has had a run on gloves. Lots of teams have been practising on my patch of the highlands over the last week with duns hatching and plenty of fish taking nymphs. Coverage is due to start on Flylife.tv from tomorrow.

flylife

Liawenee forecast for next 3 days is max 7 degrees with snow and strong wind. Not much fun in a boat on Little Pine. 🥶❄️🌬

Wet
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing the footage, too much work on at this time of year to attend šŸ˜

BarryJ
    Participant

I’m lucky enough to have a front row seat on the Mersey; damned happy that I’m not in the Highlands though!

flylife

flylife

Looks like it was a very tough first day for competitors, and the weather is still shite in the highlands today. Great effort on Little Pine by Jonathan Stagg!

https://flylife.com.au/events/world-fly-fishing-championship-2019/daily-update-day-1

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Thanks for the good Flylife TV coverage Boss.

Full credit to those brave enough to fish LP yesterday as well. Not somewhere I would consider even moderately safe in those conditions. It was ugly enough Sunday arvo…

And the wind is still swinging around in its traditional pattern. I suspect Tassie will certainly be remembered by many.

Take care people… take care

Jimmy

flylife

Have checked the webcams from time to time and spoken to Brad (he chose to film the highland venues thinking he’d sneak in some fishing before and after, haha) and Leighton on the rivers and sounds like conditions have been very tough indeed. It must be especially tough for the controllers out in boats all day trying to stay warm….🥶

flylife

Some really great interviews from Leighton and the team now building up on the FL website. The interview with Pablo Castro makes me feel a bit guilty about our reputation as the road kill capital of the world. Painstock Lagoon made me laugh too.

https://flylife.com.au/events/world-fly-fishing-championship-2019/day-3-interviews

Mitta
    Blocked

The interview with Pablo Castro makes me feel a bit guilty about our reputation as the road kill capital of the world.

Good work chaps – excellent coverage.

However, there is like to be a little more ‘road-kill’ to be found if someone doesn’t have the editor/graphics guy fix the graphics which show the England team competing under the Union (Jack) Flag. They’re competing under the Flag of St George . . . see here . . .

EECB49C4-ACA6-48A8-B547-ADC17E280BDF-1

The Welsh and the Scots might have something to say also.

A banner waving Mitta – come on you Aussies.

flylife

Maybe the Brits can combine their scores?😉

Mitta
    Blocked

Ha ha ha! Good luck with that one.

In sporting competition, I’m reasonably certain that the Scots would prefer not to be aligned with the Poms. Ā The Welsh may have a small problem too.

Ha ha ha!

flylife

Wind up report and some more great interviews now available at flylife.tv

BarryJ
    Participant

Congratulations to France and Howard Croston.

Many thanks to the FlyLife crew for their excellent coverage of the full five days of the competition.

Rabbit
    Participant

So what did we learn from the French and Chech guys?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.