FlyLife Forum Help & Digital Welcome to Website 3.0

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Sherlock
    Participant

First time I have visited the forum in several months.

Hate to say it, but the new format is terrible. Just the basic interface, text colour, font, layout etc is really difficult to read.

I normally have near perfect vision, but my eyes are straining try to read anything on the forum.

Using Windows 10, Google Chrome.

Is anyone else finding the same?

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

if you go into your account profile and try to locate forum preferences in settings you’ll find that there’s very (very) little you can do.

you can always make it bigger, mind…

cheers,

shawn

blkmtn
    Participant

I’ve come around to it, there’s always some resistance to change but the new format still works.

The only thing I’ve been hanging out for is the search function to be available for the forum. Any news on when that will be working properly?  Cheers.

Philthy
    Participant

The forum search function is not particularly effective.  Although if you are searching for the WFFC Controller information video it’s absolutely perfect.  (Because this is the only search result returned no matter what you search for.)

Is there an ETA on when the search function will be fixed?

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

No

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

too busy doing science.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

The forum search function is not particularly effective. Although if you are searching for the WFFC Controller information video it’s absolutely perfect. (Because this is the only search result returned no matter what you search for.)

Is there an ETA on when the search function will be fixed?

Probably should also point out that there is NO forum search function. The search option is for the overall FlyLife site, not the forum.

Philthy
    Participant

Probably should also point out that there is NO forum search function. The search option is for the overall FlyLife site, not the forum.

So what is the function of the “Search Forums” field and search button on the right side of the forums page?

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

The top menu bar (above the ad) is part of the main FlyLife site. The forum is below the ad.

Edit: one of the goals of the format change was to incorporate the forum into the overall FlyLife site.

Boris
    Participant

Why am I being prevented from adding a post to the thread “Climate change and trout”  in Conserve and Manage sub-forum?

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

No idea. Working fine at my end.

Boris
    Participant

4 times I tried to post. Then a new topic that was also not successful.

Boris
    Participant

Happened again.

here’s my intended post below:

Climatologist Dr. Tim Ball who was sued by Dr. Michael Mann for libel and finally won after 4 years of legal examination as MM elected not to present his raw data for the infamous “hockey stick” that featured in Al Gore’s propaganda film.

Tim Ball has written an excellent book correcting many of the errors and myths that have been perpetrated by the AGW side as well as the media.

It’s well worth a read for those who want to know the science from the other side.

Redders
    Participant

Mods – need some help

I’m not completely computer illiterate …. but I can’t seem to load photos on to the forum,

i get the photos on screen – hit submit … nothing happens.

if I hit ‘add to content ‘ the whole lot – text & photos disappear

Cheers -Redders

Moderator 3
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.