FlyLife Forum Help & Digital Welcome to Website 3.0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new web platform forumites.

We’ll be tweaking and refining over the coming days (weeks, months, years) so send the feedback in.

There is a new messaging facility which is inline. Will explain this in more detail in a post tomorrow (exhausted from migration).

Also you may get challenged a couple of times with your login by the new version of Re-Captcha. You’ll possibly get an annoying image where you have to select the correct sketchy images. This should only happen once or twice (possibly on each device you use) to raise the level of security and defence against spammers (we hope).

Plenty more to come and your subscriptions should also now be available to view online. More on that soon too.

Good luck!

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Oh and passwords should be the same as your old, but if you’ve change recently they might be out of sync.

Use the https://flylife.com.au/recover-password, enter your user name OR email and you will be sent a new temporary password.

You can then go to https://flylife.com.au/edit-profile when you log back in and change it back to something you’re comfortable with.

You can also change your Display Name there if you wish.

BarryJ
    Participant

So far so good. Getting the occasional 503 message but hopefully that will settle down. Like the look and feel so far!👍🏻

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Yes hopefully that will settle down once, the interweb does it’s thing and distributes and caches more locally a lot of the content.

Right now everything is a new hit on the server, along with the Photocomp Finalists having just been announced.

We’ll see…

Fishandme
    Participant

I can’t find the Pm section?

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

No PM’s in this version. Below the text entry box is a tick box with “Set this reply private”. Ticking this box will make your reply private to all but the originator of the thread.

wayne444
    Participant

Finally logged in …  very interesting

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

I can’t find the Pm section?

PM’s are now inline responses by ticking the “Set this as private reply” below the reply edit box.

I’ll try and put up a little tutorial later on

taupofish
    Participant

Looks neat! – I did send a message via contact section, ignore that seems I have solved my problem, with photos are they only displayed when logged in?

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

………………………………, with photos are they only displayed when logged in?

Yes

taupofish
    Participant

I just listed a rod on classifieds – if I look at the site and item without logging in then the text is there but no pics – when I log in and look at the item text and pics appear

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

I just listed a rod on classifieds – if I look at the site and item without logging in then the text is there but no pics – when I log in and look at the item text and pics appear

Yes; that is the case.

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

just listed a rod on classifieds – if I look at the site and item without logging in then the text is there but no pics – when I log in and look at the ite

This is an oversight and we’ll attempt to fix so they can be seen publically

taupofish
    Participant

thanks Leighton, apart from Captcha the new site looks terrific – good work!

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Thanks Taupofish.

Yes that Captch verify can make you seem like you need your eyes checked trying to pick out all those buses!

Please let me know if the Captcha challenge does not settle down and stop challenging you as it should just start to monitor in the background.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.