Tackle Talk Waterproof Hip Pack Recommendations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

woody-wood
    Participant

I am looking at purchasing a waterproof hip pack and am wondering if anyone can provide first hand opinions on what’s good and what’s not. I don’t know if I like the idea of the waterproof zips with the early iterations of zippers being very hard to open and close, requiring a two handed operation.

I have been looking at the OPST Rainforest waterproof Hip Pack and the Simms Dry Creek Roll Top Hip Pack for the non zippered options and the Simms Dry Creek Z Hip Pack or the Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible Lumbar Pack for the zippered variety.

There are a lot of non-waterproof hip packs around, and I like the look of the Fishpond Switchback Wading Belt System but would prefer a waterproof option.

Good points versus bad points would be appreciated.

Matt2007
    Participant

Darren from Untamed Flies and Tackle did a review of the Simms Dry Creek Z pack on his website.

https://www.untamedfliesandtackle.com.au/blog/simms-dry-creek-zip-hip-pack-review

I bought one on his recommendation and agree with his thoughts on it being an excellent piece of kit. Fully waterproof, comfortable and practical.

He’s a nice man to buy one off as well.

Peter Gibson
    Participant

Have you looked at the Patagonia Stormfront? I have one of the rucksacks in that range, and its very good quality indeed!

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

if you want the very best look at ‘sagebrush dry gear’.

spoiler: and you do want the very best.

and I can organise a seppo middleman, no wuckers. lemme know.

cheers,

shawn

Mitta
    Participant

Jeez Shawn . . . ,

You got my ‘juices’ going then.  Breathless, I got onto the website and searched ‘sling’ and ‘sling pack’ and lo . . . . nothing . . . , not a thing, zilch, nought, blanc, diddly-squat, nada . . . sweet Fanny Adams

My juices dried up. At this age, who would have guessed? 😉

I thought Woody, one or two others and I might have kept them afloat for another season.

Still lookin’, Mitta

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Mitta.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Mitta.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

this is the worst f forum in the f world.

when you google sagebrush dry gear look at the ‘catalog’.

I tried to break up a link but this f forum doesn’t play well with others. asshats.

ftplace,

shawn

Moderator 3
    Keymaster
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.