Tackle Talk Waterproof Backpacks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Samwich
    Participant

Hey Team,

Looking around for a waterproof backpack (Roll top) to fish with and keep all the electronic’s dry. Must have some sort of “Frame” so doesnt blow out when stuffing a jumper in it.

Are there any suggestions?

Peter Gibson
    Participant

I bought one of the Patagonia Stormfront roll top packs off someone on the Forum about a year ago…it is brilliant. Quite rigid back so it keeps shape when packed, and very comfortable to wear.

Attachments:

Kym
    Participant

yes, the Patagonia packs are great. You could check out the Overboard packs for something cheaper. Neither have a frame, but I don’t think they are really necessary. Most of the wp packs I know of are frameless. I have the zip model Patagucci and you just need to be aware of how you pack them.

learn2fly
    Participant

I’ve been using one of these for a few years now and it’s still going strong:
    http://www.exped.com/australia/en/product-category/backpacks/torrent-20-olive-grey
    It was way cheaper than any of the dedicated fishing backpacks and has a lot more internal storage pouches. It’s only lacking external loops for rod tubes and I can live with out them.
    It doesn’t have a frame but it holds it shape just fine.

BillJackson
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.