Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Water Colour Greg French – Pre-Orders

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

flylife

Greg doesn’t like politicians or bureaucrats.

oldpiscator
    Participant

Arrived in Geelong in this mornings mail.

Tocs
    Participant

Still hasn’t arrived in Sydney but I’m led to believe I won the Pre-Order second prize – a full-day guided fishing trip with Shawn Mitchell and Mark Rampant in NZ :unsure:

woody-wood
    Participant

Arrived NE Vic.
    Thankfully I didn’t win the 2nd prize.

babelfish
    Participant

I even got him to pose for a pic. Fun night … Greg has lots of great stories to tell.

Mitta
    Blocked
    quote Tocs” post=325162:

. . . second prize – . . . guided fishing trip with Shawn Mitchell and Mark Rampant . . .

Shudder! Don’t even think to hide behind a bush for protection; one of them (and I’ll leave you to guess which one) will find you with his fly anyway. :rofl :rofl
    Tie your hat on . . . tightly.
    M.

BarryJ
    Participant
    quote Tocs” post=325162:

Still hasn’t arrived in Sydney but I’m led to believe I won the Pre-Order second prize – a full-day guided fishing trip with Shawn Mitchell and Mark Rampant in NZ :unsure:

Third prize is three full days of guided fishing with them! :whatever :rofl

Chief
    Participant
    quote Tocs” post=325162:

Tocs that is just plain scary :S will you be following 2Fish to the “Gathering” to find some sanity 🙂

Tocs
    Participant
    quote Chief” post=325172:

quote Tocs” post=325162:

Tocs that is just plain scary :S will you be following 2Fish to the “Gathering” to find some sanity 🙂

I hope to. If we get one salmon between us – everyone at the Gathering will be in for a earful of mighty salmon yarns….

Greg,
    Sorry for diverting from the Water Colour theme – any Salmon fishing in the book by any chance???

stephen-hill
    Participant

What another delightful collection of stories by Greg.
    As always, some resonated more with me than others. The concluding thoughts about diaries certainly hit home, as last season was the first where I have made the choice to record the details of each trip in a journal.
    I find Greg’s style of story telling so easy to get immersed in. I finished the book in a couple of days, while others I have “on the go”, have been put to one side in preference to Water Colour.
    Despite enjoying it and seeing it as a positive read, I interpreted a certain sadness as a theme throughout. Understandable in the recounting of impending and actual loss and of a world that has changed so much, so quickly. Another theme is the celebration of youth and all things associated with them. Naivety and acceptance. Curiosity and discovery. The balance between the two is fine and well done.
    Greg’s ability to make his adventures relatable through his honest reflection and, at times, self depreciation, I love the concept of him chasing Pokémon, were a key to keeping me engaged. There is a real humility in the telling of such an extraordinary and unique life lived.
    Having read Greg’s other books in anticipation of this one, I rated it a better collection than Artificial and at least on a par with Frogcall, which I have always used as a benchmark for Greg’s writing.
    Thank you Greg for another collection of glimpses into your world and your thoughts. I hope there’s more in the future.

BarryJ
    Participant

I can only echo Stephen’s eloquent comments above. I am yet to finish the book (would have done so had I not gone to the Rise Festival last night) but I am really enjoying “Water Colour”; it is up there with “Frog Call”.

Greg French
    Participant

Sincere thanks to FlyLife readers for your support, especially Stephen Hill for his flattering review.

Water Colour is being well received across the board, which makes all the effort seem worthwhile. Most people say that the thing they are enjoying most is the opportunity to catch up with the characters in Frog Call up to 25 years after many of the original tales were set. Some of these characters are more curmudgeonly than they once were – the inevitable result of growing older, I suppose – but all remain optimistic at heart and are as funny as ever.

The most popular stories among readers seem to be ‘Product placement’, ‘Flight of fancy’, ‘Font-de-Gaume’, and ‘Dear Diary’. My personal favourites are ‘Frog princess’ and all the ones featuring my nieces and nephews.

I’d also like to thank Leighton, Rob and everyone else at FlyLife for helping promote and sell Water Colour. Without you guys, books like this would never be viable and therefore never get published.:)

woody-wood
    Participant

Just finished Water Colour and recommend it to those that enjoyed Frog Call.

I relate to “Hire Car” even though I don’t drive a Nova, but my 4wd besides having electric windows and a radio is agricultural compared to new vehicles. I laughed at some of the stories and felt sadness with others.

I enjoy Greg’s writing as I feel as I am with him along the journey.

Well done on another great book.

Tocs
    Participant

Only a few stories in. I like the format – nice bite-sized stories. Easy reading – mind candy.

Will be hard to top Frog Call though.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.