Fly Clubs & Organisations Warrnambool Fly Fishers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi
    Does anyone on here have any contact information for the Warrnambool fly fishers club?
    Thanks

Anonymous

PM sent

breamtim
    Participant

Hi, the message isn’t showing, I saw that I received it but now that the forum has been switched over I can’t see it. Thanks

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

No PM’s available at the moment but the issue is being investigated.

beans07
    Participant

Hey buddy I searched around about 12 months ago and was told they are inactive. Might be a few around now maybe. The boys from the Warrnambool Offshore would know someone in the club if it still existed.

dctrout
    Participant

Can’t seem to PM or email you Tim.
    I will contact you when the system allows it.
    They are still going and are celebrating their 50th year next year so I’m not sure where Beans07 got his mis information from.

beans07
    Participant

Hi dctrout,

I sent 2 or 3 email’s 12 months or so ago from the contact page on the Warrnambool Fly Fishing Club website. Never got a reply. I posted the question on either this forum or another and was told they were not active any longer. Sorry if I gave out misinformation but this information is what I was given to me when I actively tried to contact the club. I live in Hamilton and there is no club up this way so I wanted to connect with other local clubs surrounding. I couldn’t get in contact so I have gone it alone thus far. I would love to meet some guys locally and learn some more tying, fly selection and casting tips. If you can help me out that would be great.

Regards,

Timmy

dctrout
    Participant

No worries Timmy.
    Bit of a problem not being able to PM or email you guys at the moment.
    We will be at Toolondo this weekend if you wanted to catch up.
    Cheers David

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

It is possible to email other users but not send PM’s at the moment. Click on their username (beside a post) to bring up their profile. When their profile opens, you will see a blue “envelope” icon; click on this and you will open an email to them.

dctrout
    Participant

Thanks Mod 3.I tried that but the 2 Tims must not have emails activated as I can see the blue envelope on my profile.If they read this they can email me and I can reply.

beans07
    Participant

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I am not sure that I will get up that way this weekend, might be a slight chance Friday evening which would more likely be Rocklands. Consider having a look at Rocklands, it’s been firing the last week or so. I am keen to catch up with you guys, currently I fish for trout, redfin and carp on fly but I am about to have a go at bream, perch and mulloway. I got myself a vice a few weeks ago and started to tie some gotcha’s and clousers. Will be tying some of Muzz’s creations soon as well. It will be good to get some advice as well as have someone go over my gear and make sure I have what I need to chase all the species. I do plan on buying a heavier outfit to chase Cod as well.

dctrout
    Participant

Timmy
    I am a proud self confessed trout snob so can’t really help you on the other species.There are other members in the club that do chase other species so I am sure they are worth a chat to.
    We don’t have a meeting til Feb next year and will let you know then.
    As for the flies for bream and perch I would head down the Muz Wilson path as he developed them for the Hopkins and other estuarys in the area.I was very fortunate and spent a bit of time with Muz at the vice as well as another club member and we try to put our own spin on his creations using some of his unique tips.
    As for contacting the club via email using the website,email etc it is no use using it as the guy who ran it is no longer a member.
    It is only a small club and they are not overly active but will let you know when anything is happening.If you could email me through my profile I could then get your email as a contact.
    Cheers DC

breamtim
    Participant

Thanks guys
    I’ve got in contact with Adrian Jacobs (president) so I’ve got some information now. Thanks, Tim

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.