Events Wanted: New fishing partners.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant

Hello readers. According to Flylife editor Rob Sloane my photos are looking a bit ‘tweedy’. :?
    Obviously, because he’s a writer he wouldn’t know that the blame for that would be with the subject and not the photographer. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Anyway, the old models have been fired and new ones are sought !

What you need:

Youth. Apparently the age of age in fly fishing is over and if you’ve seen ‘A river runs through it’ or had your midlife, you’re out of the running.
    Good looks. House haunters and great targets for a **** fight need not apply. This obviously rules out New Zealanders and anyone from north of Byron.
    Small, girly like hands are a big plus as is a small, girly like build. If your butt looks like 50 pounds of chewed bubble gum, keep walking.
    Style. Yes, you’re going to need a really trendy hipster – I just don’t care, even though these worn shoes cost $600 – wardrobe and a beard, but I draw the line at top knot, if you have a top knot, do the right thing and retrospectively abort yourself rather than apply.
    Substance – no help, this is photography and you just need to do as your told when you’re told.
    Some other qualities considered include property in New Zealand and money. 8-)

Apply by post below. :whatever

wespang
    Participant
    quote DA:

Small, girly like hands are a big plus as is a small, girly like build.

Get some models with XX chromosomes.

There might be a few suitable ones north of the Tweed River.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

sod rob… tweed is the gateway to awesomeness. :? ๐Ÿ˜

woody-wood
    Participant

DA,
    my fouteen year old son whom has really taken to fly fishing the last couple of years fits the bill with the following exclusions.

He or his father do not have property in NZ or Tassie,
    He or his father do not have abundance of funds.

Unfortunately I think the two exclusions have just ruled his eligibility out.
    Oh well, he will have to wait the next modelling offer.

flylife

You need a makeover and a selfie stick. :rofl
    Or maybe Brad can help with some photoshop face implants (though he made me look ten years older in the last mag ๐Ÿ™ ).

[email protected]
    Participant
    quote flylife:

\ (though he made me look ten years older in the last mag ๐Ÿ™ ).

Brad, with some pride, told me he made you look ten years younger ?
    Maybe time for a follow up eye test Rob ? :mrgreen:

[email protected]
    Participant
    quote woody-wood:

Unfortunately I think the two exclusions have just ruled his eligibility out.

What sorta music does he like ?

flylife
    quote David Anderson:

Brad, with some pride, told me he made you look ten years younger ?
    Maybe time for a follow up eye test Rob ? :mrgreen:

Did he mention the lo-res he slipped in on page 40! :x

flylife

What you really need is someone who looks good and knows how to hold a fish. ๐Ÿ˜‰

[email protected]
    Participant

That hat.
    ummm

arble
    Participant

:shock: Didnt know I had a use by date…….. got the other qualifications down pat though ๐Ÿ™‚

delphin
    Participant

That hat…

Well David – I’m doing my best to raise the girls to be good fishermen – I’m glad you’ve spoken up out fashion on the water. I’d hate to have got that bit wrong…

[email protected]
    Participant

Delphin, it’s important not to let the little issues slap you around while the big ones have your attention.. :lol:

Tubbs
    Participant
    quote flylife:

What you really need is someone who looks good and knows how to hold a fish. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry Rob, you got the beard right but wrong kind of hat, wrap-arounds are so 2008 and you need a really bad ironic shirt. Might also help if you start spelling your name Robh. Please see below:

ps You might also like to rip off his Madonna (Desperately Seeking Susan) inspired catch and release glove.

flylife

I like the glove. 8-) Does it work on sandflies?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.