Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Rabbit
    Participant

61.6% ???????????

Mitta
    Blocked

Q.E.D. :whatever :whatever :rofl

Prost!

Rabbit
    Participant

This is getting more and more criptic! 61.6% and Q.E.D.?:rofl :whatever 😕 😕 :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Mitta
    Blocked
    quote Rabbit” post=318990:

This is getting more and more criptic! 61.6% and Q.E.D.?

Don’t let the ‘bar stewards’ get at you Rabbit. It’s only banter. Come up with some kind of smart-arsed reply and all will be good. :cheer:

It’s been a long day and given that the tawny is so good – if at all tawny can be – it’s becoming longer. :S

zum Wohl!

streak
    Participant

Since Christmas there has been an almighty racket coming out of this part of the ‘garden’.

So I bought some of these

and drove 210km to here where there was a similar almighty racket.

I stumbled around for the day dodging rafters, campers and ‘maronners. True to form there was no interest shown in my new purchases as they too closely resembled local food sources. Some disco nymphs that resemble my five year old Daughter’s jewellery making, on the other hand, proved irresistible.

I then drove 210km back home.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

stay off my river please.
    I believe I’ve made this clear in the past.

thank you,
    mine

Mitta
    Blocked
    quote streak” post=319810:

. . . . disco nymphs that resemble my five year old Daughter’s jewellery making . . . , proved irresistible.

A very well known Tasmanian flyfishing guide recently said and I quote verbatim, “Matching the hatch is so yesterday”.

In light of this, it’s rather difficult to argue against the concept. Don’cha think? :lol

Rabbit
    Participant

Matching the hatch (a concept from the dim dark pommy days) in my experience is a pack mentality (generally speaking) especially so here in WA as we have very few hatches. The “hatch” could very well be western minnows, trout fry, marron, gilgies. Opportunistic trout (most days) will grab any easy looking meal.
    Damsels and Dragonflies are almost always on the menu here especially in the lakes and dams as well.

Good to see others breaking the rules and fishing ‘Mitches” River BTW!

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

the latest river hatch being double tungsten black zonkers and adam’s humpies.
    by the by, give the humpy a miss on my river with its reduced gape.

cheers,
    no entry

Rabbit
    Participant

Anything happening here?
    Especially now we are getting a fairer shake of GST from those Eastern Staters!

David Coombes
    Participant

Busy setting up my new fly tying desk and waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. No longer a member of WATFAA and no regrets as there is plenty of places to catch Trout – might try a river near Collie if I can avoid Mitch.

Roll on trip #11 to Tasmania hope the Boas is still being kept cold for me

Rabbit
    Participant

Having a go on your own now your a 11 trip veteran Magoo? You must nearly qualify as guide over there now?

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

you’re confusing guide with guido.

saluti,
    shawn

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

I don’t remember ever seeing this much rain.
    maybe we should pipe some to victoria.

so who’s with me in this endeavour?

seriously, wtfudge?
    I’ve work to do… but I’m forced (see: forced) to tie flies, ‘relax’, drink whisky and talk nonsense.

the last bottles in w.a.

cheers!
    shawn

David Coombes
    Participant

Okay Mitch where was my invite to help sample your stash

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.