Talking Tactics To Flick or Not To Flick

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Mitta
    Participant

. . . tie me up some Rainbow Warriors as small as you can manage., that will keep you out of trouble.

Like this Jimmy?

You should know that I come in for significant denigration for making these . . . and having the temerity to actually use them too.

But, what the hell?  They catch fish . . . consistently.

Cheers,

A rainbowesque (cerise?) Mitta

021EFB9B-51AA-4D7B-B42E-8C830C662A01_1_201_a

Chief
    Participant

Mitta did you get my order for the above 😉

Chief

woody-wood
    Participant

Chief

Ah the master scammer returns !!!

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Ooooh those are nice…  I have gotten into the routine of hanging one of these on a crazy long dropper and the dry fly does the work of timing the drift pretty well. The thing is, it needs a really tiny Warrior (or other bits of Euro trash) to be able to avoid that horrid lob cast thingy.

I dont know what it is called, but there is another very similar pattern in fashionable black and cerise which has been a good confidence building fly. I think it was one of those from our man Mr. Droz

And just as an aside, a tiny fox squirrel pattern had a couple big results on the Mersey a few weeks ago. On the weekend just before the planet shifted it’s orientation.

Cheers… Jimmy

P.S.  I might as well reveal that on our last outing Mitta landed 4 and I  dropped or missed everything… the perfect guide as usual.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

pffft… I bet you got his photo though.

cheers,

whoopsie

Mitta
    Participant

Blinkin’ ‘ell, Chief, I must ‘ave blinked . . . no I didn’t.

What was it again . . .?

An mostly muddled, Mitta

Mitta
    Participant
    mitch aka 2 fish wrote:   I bet you got his photo though.

You may be comforted by the advice, Mitch; no photographs.

Four (4) of the smaller examples left undisturbed, in that water, from the (unmitigated) plundering of the previous day.

I need to go . . .it’s late and the Cointreau has taken a rather firm hold . . .

A magnificently mullered Mitta.

BarryJ
    Participant

Edict from Hydro Tasmania via their Facebook page:

Effective immediately, all Hydro Tasmania lakes and boat ramps are closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, along with our campgrounds. It’s a difficult but simple message: if you were planning on fishing, water skiing, camping, hunting or otherwise visiting Hydro Tasmania lakes or land for the Easter break or beyond, you must stay home. Even if you’re travelling alone, there are always risks. Please help us by following the government’s advice to stay home and stay safe, so we can all throw a line in when life returns to normal!”

Mitta
    Participant
    Twelve paces from my back garden, I have a rather nice casting opportunity. Today I took advantage of it, escaped the confines of the house and went out for a thirty minute exercisorial flick.
    Would you believe it? In that half an hour I caught three (3) . . .
    Yep . . . , three people approached and asked if I was catching any fish.
    Dolts! I was in the park, casting on the grass. Everyone knows there’s no fish in the park.
    A well practised Mitta

flylife

I don’t reckon home wine consumption is going to decline any time soon, so we have been doing our best to keep the supply chain going…IMG_1206
    IMG-1160s

flylife

Or those missing younger family members might prefer this version we sent to our grandchildren from Ninny and Rob Pop (that’s us) yesterday, with the postscript: as you can see, we are a bit worn out.

IMG-1192s
    IMG_1201s

BarryJ
    Participant

Nice!

Boris
    Participant

What grape variety are they?

flylife

Hi Boris, they are Pinot Noir; we picked our Riesling the day before.

Boris
    Participant

They look very full and ripe. Do you use a prepared wine makers yeast or do you ferment by endemic flora?

If prepared, which species?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.