Flies & Fly Tying tidy desk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

micmac3701
    Participant

One thing that can be said for lockdowns is that my tying desk is much tidier than it usually is.

Trouble is I’m running out of boxes to fill.

desk-1

Phoenix Bird
    Participant

I call this my millennium bench.It looks like this once every thousand years.

Millenium-Bench

DrGraham
    Participant

I usually like a tidy desk when I’m tying, so I can find things easily.  However, winter is fly tying season and I’ve lots of orders to fill, as well as topping up my own boxes.

paul.barnes
    Participant

Where did you get that light/magnifying glass from?   My eyes are getting worse by the month.  Need something to help me see those fine flies.

thecrofturalla
    Participant

You buy them at any light shop(I bought my last one which looks identical to the one in the photo at CetNaj in Armidale NSW $60) and also I have bought one online

Muz

dynaflow
    Participant

Hi Paul,I’ve been very satisfied with the Aldi version for some time.It’s great value with a ring of LED’s,a good magnifer similar to the ones above and a solid Pedestal base and Tray.

Phoenix Bird
    Participant

Another vote for the Aldi light. Good bright light and handy caddy sections for the tools .I love mine,its a ripper!

IMG_4520
    IMG_4521

micmac3701
    Participant

Hi Paul check the Bunnings lighting section, they stock a couple of options at ~$60 and certainly helps for the fine and fiddley.

Peter Gibson
    Participant

I’ve also got the big Aldi light with magnifier…fantastic. Bought another smaller LED clamp-on light from them about a month ago…was less than $20…also excellent quality. They are worth watching out for. (So are their vacuum sealers…I’ve got a lot of bulk fly tying material vacuum sealed for future use).

dynaflow
    Participant

I eyed off that smaller lamp at Aldi recently,but frankly I’ve tied enough Flies to see me out! Here’s my slightly different Aldi desk lamp with a cantilever.

dynaflow
    Participant

Sorry,tried to upload an image but “file too large” or something like that…

butch
    Participant

Just release the trap door and enter the ‘Bat Cave’, peace at last!

Phoenix Bird
    Participant

Sorry,tried to upload an image but “file too large” or something like that…
    Hi Peter,

If you’re are running Windows: go to Picture file,left click the photo to open it, then right click it ,the option to resize should come up.

dynaflow
    Participant

Thanks for the tip…I also notice (after looking at Butch’s image above) that Aldi had a handy accessory drawer stack on sale last Saturday for $19.99….as well as some other relevant Hobby stuff for our purposes.

micmac3701
    Participant

Materials storage is in the same category as rods, that is there is no such thing as enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.