Fly Clubs & Organisations Tassie Ticklers 7

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
  • Author

big dave
    Participant

Hey Mike

In my experience, Arthurs fish don’t rise too well in stronger winds. Penstock fish are a bit more wind-tolerant, and Little Pine fish more tolerant again. Little Pine dun hatches normally start about the end of the first week of December, but I suppose that is largely dependent on the prevailing conditions in any year. I have limited experience with Woods.

Let us know how you go.

Welshmike
    Participant

s:up Taking your advice and will be on Penstock on Monday. However I tried the Meander today, absolutely brilliant. 3 fish, 2 broke me and missed 12. They were like lightning. Took most on dries despite the fact that there was no obvious hatch. Lots of Mayfly in the air but could not see any coming off, and the birds were not even trying. I was here for my first week without wetting a line because of wind, but what a start to my second week.

stephen-hill
    Participant

Good to see you’re getting into some. ๐Ÿ™‚

stephen-hill
    Participant

The other day I stopped by a bridge on a drive for work. No gear. Saw this guy feeding for 15 minutes or so.

Went back today. Didn’t get him, but I found some of his mates. Here’s the best coloured one.

Welshmike
    Participant

s:up

quote Stephen Hill:

Good to see you’re getting into some. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good one mate. Penstock yesterday, a few Mayfly on the water and the occasional fish rising. Had 5 between 9.30 and 2.00 all on dry. Wind got up and not a fish was seen after that. Tried wets without a touch. Brought me back to earth with a bump

stephen-hill
    Participant

An unexpected opportunity.
    A river.
    A mayfly.
    Some results.

GR
    Participant

Nice fish Stephen. Well done. ๐Ÿ™‚

stephen-hill
    Participant

Thanks Greg. It was a goodish day ๐Ÿ™‚

mrampant
    Participant

Nicely done on a 4wt.
    Cheers,
    Mark

mrampant
    Participant

Nicely done on a 4wt.
    Cheers,
    Mark

stephen-hill
    Participant

The 4 makes it fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

stephen-hill
    Participant

Went on the club outing to Tiger Hut over the weekend. Fished Carters, First, Double and O’Dells.
    Saw a cracking dawn on Saturday. Caught some nice browns and had a great time chatting, learning, eating and having a good ol’ time in general.
    There’s something about being part of a club, I’ve got to say. ๐Ÿ™‚

Some pics.

4 pounds.

3 and a half pounds.

2 pounds.

(Please excuse the buff. Hat left in car:oops: )

Ian getting onto a solid O’Dells brown.

xxx
    Participant

Yep, certainly was a great weekend even if most of did finish up fishless, mainly because we couldn’t get up at 4.30 am as you did. Glad you could make it along this time, Steve. There’s talk of doing it again later in the season.

GR
    Participant

Great shots and fish Stephen ๐Ÿ™‚

stephen-hill
    Participant
    quote camper:

Yep, certainly was a great weekend even if most of did finish up fishless, mainly because we couldn’t get up at 4.30 am as you did. Glad you could make it along this time, Steve. There’s talk of doing it again later in the season.

Sounds good Alan. I’ll bring an alarm along for you. :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.