Fly Clubs & Organisations Tassie Ticklers 7

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author

GR
    Participant
    quote Chief:

Rick we must fish together more, I feel a book coming on – one hundred and one excuses to blank s:up might need to invite GR into the fold :mrgreen:

😀

I have had a couple of blanks on major trips this year 🙁 But similar to Rick there were aspects of both trips that still made them memorable and worthwhile with plenty of fish to target 🙂

Enjoyed your report Rick.

Rick
    Participant

Just had a look at the Penstock webcam for today. Wow, lots of boats!! :shock:

It felt like a good day for duns, wonder if they were popping 8-)

rsawyer
    Participant

I believe they have been Rick.

mrampant
    Participant

I went and had a fish on the Macquarie on the weekend with some success. The wind was howling most of the time and was a little difficult with the 5wt bamboo but I managed to get 2 reasonable trout searching with dry fly, nearly got into a fight with Joe Blake while looking at the water instead of watching where I was walking.
    There was a bit of rain down this way today, here’s looking forward to a bit more and the white bait feeders start moving up the rivers.
    Cheers,
    Mark

cullen
    Participant

penstock had duns and spinners last weekend plenty of boats maybe 20 last Sunday
    and at least that many bank anglers 8 or so on the southern wall alone
    but fish have been pretty willing to take the fly

Welshmike
    Participant

Hi
    I am a new member, an ex-pat Welshman ( at least I am not English ) coming over to Tassie Nov 22nd for 3 wks. Have slight angina so no bush bashing for me. Have based myself in Launceston 5 days, Deloriane 6 days and the rest in Longford. Need some advice on river locations where I can get the SUV fairly near the river. Looking at possibly S. Esk, Brumbys, Nile, St Pats then Meander, Mersey. Tried to hire a boat for to fish Woods or Arthurs but the only company to launch only would go to Bradys or Bronte. Any advice would be gratefully received and could be followed by a few pints if a chance occurs.

ANDREW
    Participant
    quote Welshmike:

Hi
    I am a new member, an ex-pat Welshman ( at least I am not English ) coming over to Tassie Nov 22nd for 3 wks. Have slight angina so no bush bashing for me. Have based myself in Launceston 5 days, Deloriane 6 days and the rest in Longford. Need some advice on river locations where I can get the SUV fairly near the river. Looking at possibly S. Esk, Brumbys, Nile, St Pats then Meander, Mersey. Tried to hire a boat for to fish Woods or Arthurs but the only company to launch only would go to Bradys or Bronte. Any advice would be gratefully received and could be followed by a few pints if a chance occurs.

I recommend you this book http://www.flylife.com.au/books/product … f-tasmania
    (it’s like Lonely Planet Guide to Tasmanian Trout Fishing, only better)

Adamsparadun
    Participant

The South Esk, Brumby’s, Mersey, Meander all have angler access brochures showing access points. St Pats can be accessed at the Myrtle Park camping ground and further upstream on road bridges, google earth will set you right… The destinations you are staying place you central to some very good water

rsawyer
    Participant

You can get the (free) Angler Access brochures from tackle stores in Tas or download from [url:247sca3e]http://www.ifs.tas.gov.au/publications/angler-access-brochures[/url:247sca3e]

Welshmike
    Participant

Thanks lads,got the Greg French book Andrew. You are right it is superb. On another subject anyone know who will rent a boat apart from Highlands Lake Hire, as they only launch Bradys and Bronte. Keep the reports coming they get my mouth watering.

stephen-hill
    Participant

A highland beauty from the weekend.
    My striking needs work for bigger fish 😐

Beevor
    Participant

With the world being so plucked-up – here are some photos…

stephen-hill
    Participant

Superb imagery Beevor.
    Thanks for that.

jazzatomo
    Participant

Beautiful shots guys.

Very very jealous of the waters you have access to over there, not to mention the gorgeous fish.

GR
    Participant

Great photos. They capture your trip well 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.