Fly Clubs & Organisations Tassie Ticklers 7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author

stephen-hill
    Participant

Great work Dan. New waters are so good when they produce.
    A bit of work and checking things out pays off.
    Those rainbows look superb.

Adamsparadun
    Participant

Thanks Stephen. Those early season NW rainbows are one of the highlights of my season, Stunning colouring and pull like a schoolboy. Love em

Rick
    Participant

On the board with a beauty from a midland stream. It is by far the largest trout I have seen from that water.

Decided to take the old 3wt for a run and leave the 2wt at home…..glad I did! s:up

Hare and copper Chief! 😉

GR
    Participant

Very nice fish Rick. Well done. s:up

booster
    Participant

Nice fish Rick.

mrampant
    Participant

Nice catch. I’m itching to get out there, it will have to wait until Oct.
    I’m planning my trip for steelhead in BC. I’ll put up some pics when I get back. Can’t guarantee there will be steelhead but there will be plenty of scenery if there isn’t 🙂 . Heading off in under two weeks now.
    Cheers :mrgreen:
    Mark

stephen-hill
    Participant

A bit jealous Mark. 🙂 Have fun.
    I still owe you a look at a small stream or two when you come back.

Chief
    Participant

Might as well pack the rods away now Rick – not sure you are going to do better this season :lol

Nice fish s:up

Rick
    Participant

Cheers Dave.

Nice to break in the new Allen reel as well.

JC2
    Participant

Nice fish Rick would have been a good fight on the 3 wt.. I am hoping that Stephen Hill might introduce me to some good streams when I return to Tassie.
    I really like those small streams that hold good fish and to catch them on 3 wt cane rods and dry flies…. might be able to convince the Chief to part with some of his nymphs and dry flies and to come along as well.

Keep posting those photos of good browns from small streams, the Chief is just jealous 8-)

Chief
    Participant

Jeff – Rick takes you to the “other” streams then walks you around in circles so you can’t find your way back – just incase it comes good in the future :twisted:

quote JC2:

…. might be able to convince the Chief to part with some of his nymphs and dry flies and to come along as well.

When are we going Jeff – set a date and I’ll have to pressure Boris 😀

JC2
    Participant

After I get my new F E Thomas 3 wt from Boris. I am sure that Rick can’t be as bad as Freddie for walking in circles in the Bush :shock:

I would love to fish Tassie this season, depends on a few factors but will certainly be there regularly from 2017 and maybe the end of 2016 for opening season.

The plan for me is to be a regular Journeyman from Brisbane to Tasmania stopping at all stations where friends and trout reside to and from Tassie.

Paint and fly fish my way thru summer….. Boris calls me Jeff the Bastard after I retire 😀

Rick
    Participant

Dave was silly enough to follow me! He passed the "dumb mainlander" test! 😀

I did look after him though and put him on to a couple of fish while I didn’t bother any. :whatever

stephen-hill
    Participant

I have some ideas Jeff. Did some more reconnoitering today.
    Easier walk than last time as well. 🙂
    More accommodating fish too.

stephen-hill
    Participant

Nice looking week coming up.
    Just sayin’ 😉
    Anyone been up top yet? How’s the thaw?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.