Travel Talk Tasmania in early December/ Waterstriders??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BretMorris
    Participant

Hi,

I am spending a week in Tassie based in Miena and was wondering if it would if I should bring my inflatable “water strider” float boat?

Be interested to hear from people who have fished the area to see if the float boat would be useful?

Brer

Stephen Hill
    Participant

I don’t really fish from a boat or any other floating device, so take this as a somewhat limited opinion.

While having it will give you some flexibility, I have found wading the shore of most lakes to be a profitable exercise. There are also so many options to choose from, you won’t be limiting yourself for water to fish in a week. Heading to the Nineteens for the predawn tailers, then off to Penstock for the afternoon hatch can be done from the shore. Moving from lake to lake due to changing wind or lack of activity is easier logistically I’d imagine as well without having to pack up or deflate a craft.

If luggage restrictions aren’t an issue and it’s your most comfortable method of fishing, go for it. But I think you’ll find plenty of options if you choose to leave it behind.

aybe
    Participant

I ‘d take my bigger boat first.But if not an option the floatboat would certainly come along.It’d be great on Little Pine or Penstock especially if there are a few anglers about.Mine is fitted with an electric which opens up even more opportunities.

flylife

Yes, very handy for mayfly feeders on Little Pine and Penstock.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.