Flies & Fly Tying Stories from the Bench

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

GavinH23
    Participant

My tying room has done a power of work over the last 6 weeks but is currently undergoing a bit of an isolation revamp to allow for a cycle smart trainer to fit in (I am entering the world of virtual training).

I did include a shot of my all time favorite piece of kit, the Pamola vice. I have owned this since the beginning and I cant imagine life without it…

20200502_142615
    20200502_142559
    20200502_142549
    20200502_142519

micmac3701
    Participant

Mine is a more modest and perhaps a tad more chaotic arrangement.

IMG_0733
    IMG_0734

davelw2
    Participant

Haven’t tied any for some time but put together some iso-flies tonight. A few Woolley buggers, a couple of emergers and a couple of nymphs.

Now just need to be allowed to go fishing!

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

old-man-eyes

shortly after this is when I decided that it was time to quit. not slow down or take many breaks… just quit. I was no longer enjoying it. and I was definitely no longer enjoying the dissecting conversations that went with it. I did not want to be ‘that guy’ any longer.

truth be known I just stopped caring. and a very few even noticed. and that’s when I knew I had made the right decision. I’ve much better things to do. I haven’t missed it for a split second.

yeah but what about me,

shawn

Alanta
    Participant

R0012058
    R0012062

Fly Corner, stacks of natural light. Tidiest it’s been for years.

And I sometimes think I have more hooks than some tackle shops.

chf
    Participant

My post Moth invasion reality …

IMG_4774

Looking over the accumulated stuff there are a few things that still always make me smile when I get them out . Couple of old capes I’ve had for over 20 years that I still go to and are memories of Fly Shops past .The bobbin holder , hackle pliers and whip finisher from a fly tying kit I was gifted in school from my parents that are the best I’ve used ( I’ve lost or broken the rest of the kit ). A few silks from Peche a Soie I got while on sabbatical .

IMG_4799

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.