Travel Talk Snowy mountains update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Angus056
    Participant

Has anyone been down to the snowies lately.How are they fishing ? Are the lakes showing good results and have the streams recovered from the fires.

Any help to justify a trip permission gratefully accepted.

freestone
    Participant

According to some reports there is lots of ash sludge in the rivers mate, doesn’t look all that helpful for the reds and spawning trout

cranky81
    Participant

My mate has been doing well in Thredbo lives in jindy so not impacted by the virus definitely fresh run browns

Could only imagine the fish in the euc right now

fin101
    Participant

I’m fishing tomorrow. Been Corona tested, all good. No need to go near anybody. Some may whinge, but not my problem.

Benny2627
    Participant

Lakes and rivers all fishing well.

BangadillyFly
    Participant

NSW national parks reopened today (1 June), but I understand that parts of Kosciuszko National Park remain closed. Does anyone know what the deal with accessing and fishing the Thredbo River? Are you legally able to fish it at the moment?

blkmtn
    Participant

NSW national parks reopened today (1 June), but I understand that parts of Kosciuszko National Park remain closed. Does anyone know what the deal with accessing and fishing the Thredbo River? Are you legally able to fish it at the moment?

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that KNP is open except for select areas damaged by bushfire (like Cabramurra/Kiandra etc) and if you want to camp, you have to book online/via visitors centre to register or something like that. I would call the visitors centre or at least High Country Outfitters for clarification but I would hazard a guess that the Thredbo will be packed full of fishos this coming long weekend/end of season.

BangadillyFly
    Participant

My understanding (which could be wrong) is that KNP is open except for select areas damaged by bushfire (like Cabramurra/Kiandra etc) and if you want to camp, you have to book online/via visitors centre to register or something like that. I would call the visitors centre or at least High Country Outfitters for clarification but I would hazard a guess that the Thredbo will be packed full of fishos this coming long weekend/end of season.

Thanks mate. Yep called the Parks service- you are correct the only parts closed at the moment are some northern sections of the park damaged by fire (Kiandra, etc.) and the areas around Thredbo, Perisher and Mt Selwyn.

Angus056
    Participant

Going down to the snowies next week any news of conditions  not much on local sites .staying at jindabyne.

oldpiscator
    Participant

Heard from a Cooma resident that there are 2 covid19 cases at Jindabyne. If true be careful.

freestone
    Participant

That would be true, I heard that the police broke up a party of virus infected young revellers on the lakeshore, thats insane behaviour. Hopefully they took the virus back home with them when they left the snow fields. Yes, be careful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.