Fly Clubs & Organisations Saltwater FlyRodders of WA Casting Day, 16/10/2016

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi all,

Our club is running a casting session this Sunday. The venue is Nedlands Rugby club grounds at the end of the Broadway in Nedlands, WA, near JO JO’s restaurant. It starts around 10:00am and ends around 2:00pm or when we run out of steam (could be 4:00pm?)

The main idea for this event is to come along and try out the rods owned by other club members. Myself and other experienced casters will also freely share advice on how your cast can be improved. (There won’t be formalised lessons to groups, but one-on-one advice will be offered if you ask for it.) This is the first time we’ve had a IFFF Certified Casting Instructor on hand! 😀

I’ll have a 10wt Sage X (supplied by Untamed Flies and Tackle[/url:38z3pog8]) to try out, along with various other rods in ‘glass and carbon fibre (including a 10wt One for comparison). Others are bringing rods like the Sage Salt, Xi3 and maybe a Method. This will be a fantastic opportunity to get your own direct comparison between these high-end 10wt rods.

The club owns four Redington 6wt rods and reels for training purposes, so even if you don’t own a rod, this will be a good chance for an introduction to fly fishing.

We’ll be firing up the BBQ for lunch and the club esky will be on hand too.

If you have questions, post them here or call me on 0400 340 900

Cheers,
    Graeme

Anonymous

$$?

or should I ask $$$?

oh, and will there be great danes in funny costume? :? 😐

Anonymous

No cost Mitch. This is a fly club thing – just a bunch of guys getting together on a Sunday to play with each others’ rods. All innocent fun. 😀

If people want hints on how to improve their casting, they’ll be freely offered. However, no great danes with costume fetishes will be entertained.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.