Sponsor Offers & Announcements Sage Announces the new X ROD family

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

leightona
    Participant

Sage has just announced its much anticipated, new, premium fly rod family ‘The X Rod.’
    Checkout the first glance run down here.
    [url:1zgtatcd]http://www.flylife.com.au/article-posts/sage-announces-the-new-x-rod-family[/url:1zgtatcd]

Some interesting info directly from Sage on their official position around the One…

Chris Beech
    Participant

Now to decide which X rod to buy 😉

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BarryJ
    Participant

Hmmmm……. Not sure about the new X Rod family. One ex in my life is enough I think! :rolleyes:

flylife

Think I might already have two of them: an Xi and a TCX. 😉

ANDREW
    Participant

X rated fly rod ? :shock:
    or
    I’m fly fishing with my X. 😀

flylife

It’s not the xxxx auto replace at work again is it?

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

A six pack to the first person able to sensibly translate all the technobabble in that Sage media release.

squish
    Participant

First review I have seen by someone who has cast the X: http://www.ginkandgasoline.com/fly-fish … he-action/

leightona
    Participant
    quote jimmyellenberger:

A six pack to the first person able to sensibly translate all the technobabble in that Sage media release.

Yep medicine taken. Drank the Sage Coolaid a bit hard on that one and still getting over the hangover.
    Keep your eyes out for DA’s hands on review in the coming weeks. Morsie will have the first one in Oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KO
    Participant

I wonder if they will make a 7’6 3 or 4?

KO
    Participant
    quote flylife:

Think I might already have two of them: an Xi and a TCX. 😉

Don’t put them all in one basket!

David Anderson
    Participant

New ESN rods have been announced as well –
    (They replace the current ESN)

"BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Wash. (June 15, 2016)–Legendary fly rod manufacturer Sage is pleased to introduce the new ESN, an all-around European-Style Nymphing rod ideal for small creeks to big rivers.

“Built with a KonneticHD backbone, the ESN allows anglers to experience unmatched blank recovery, increased sensitivity, reduced weigh-in-hand, and superior shock absorption,” says Peter Knox, R&D design engineer. “Designed with a variety of long and short line techniques and situations in mind, this refined European-Style Nymphing rod allows anglers to confidently work any stretch of river the world over.”

The black ice blank has garnet thread wraps with metallic charcoal trim wraps. Hard chrome single-foot snake guides and tip top decrease weight. The super plus snub nosed, half-wells cork handle is comfortable in hand, and the stealth black anodized aluminum reel seat is down-locking for perfect balance. Laser etched line weights are easy to read on the slide ban. All models come in a black rod bag and black powder-coated aluminum rod tube for a price of $895. Available August 2016."

squish
    Participant

Chief
    Participant

I’m hearing/reading "Fast" my Method could become my "X" :mrgreen:

squish
    Participant
    quote Chief:

I’m hearing/reading “Fast” my Method could become my “X” :mrgreen:

You’ll have to come to the Sage casting day in Benalla on the 1st of July Dave, Morsie should have a 590 X we can have a cast of (if we are lucky).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.