Events Rick Keam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

flylife

Very sad to hear that Rick Keam has died after his long battle with cancer. I collaborated with Rick on many writing projects over the years and he was an ever reliable backstop and stickler for detail when editing technical fly tying and historical content in FlyLife. He developed a host of great fly patterns and had recently completed a comprehensive fly tying book manuscript. Sad that he never saw it published. Rick’s article Beautiful Lies about dry fly posture and buoyancy back in FlyLife 91 offered a taste of the material he had been compiling over the years. I will miss hearing his deep and gravelly voice over the phone…

PT48
    Participant

That is sad news, Rick was a major figure in Australian fly fishing culture.

BarryJ
    Participant

Definitely very Sade news.

oldpiscator
    Participant

Very sad to hear about Rick’s passing. He visited me in hospital when I had a heart operation 25 years ago (I was in recovery mode and reading Flylife No 1 when he called in). Have a small selection of his original flies and rate his Matilda as the best mudeye pattern around.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

I think I’ll recognise that name for the rest of my fishing days.

his tying was exceptional and highly regarded as far as I was concerned. I mean, how many times did you see his name in all our australian fly tying publications?

condolences,

shawn

chf
    Participant

Really sad news, one of our greatest contributors to fly fishing , genuinely original and always making us think .

JC2
    Participant

Very sad news about Rick Keam. As FlyLife said he was very particular about fly tying  and fly history. He along with Rob rewrote parts of my Article for FlyLife called “New Angles” and the content was so much better for it. Rick was a great fly tier and meticulous with his craft.

Wet
    Participant

It was always a highlight to talk to Rick, he will be sorely missed 🥺

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.