FlyLife Forum Help & Digital Recent Posts (not)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Curley
    Participant

Is it just me or is there a problem with recent posts?

C

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

In what way? Nothing obvious at my end.

Peter Gibson
    Participant

There certainly have been hardly any posts in last week or so.

Mitta
    Participant
    I really don’t want to be the voice of negativity here, because for a long time now, I have enjoyed the forum immensely. I would like to continue doing so.
    I have to say though, that in recent times it feels as if has been consumed by some kind of all pervasive topor.
    Please make it stop.
    One thing . . . traffic lights, shop fronts, bicycles, cars, etc., etc., drive me insane. I really couldn’t be bothered.
    A topored Mitta . . . quite possibly it’s the pink gin? Thanks Jimmy. 😀
    Edit: heap of heiroglyphics deleted (this comment added to ensure following post makes sense)

Mitta
    Participant

The above debacle is a perfect indicator of the ‘non-friendliness’ of the new platform.

All the hieroglyphics were caused by nothing more than a very commonly used ‘LOL’ emoticon.

*sigh*

Gumwah
    Participant

You would have to be a blind man to not see that the current version of the forum is not user friendly.  It seems people are not bothering to post anymore because the community element has been taken away.  Its sad because it was such a great learning and sharing resource for like minded people.

Curley
    Participant

Sorry to stir the hornet’s nest but my problem is as follows:

When I view the forum (I usually check it daily for new posts), I just look at the list on the RHS side of the screen (New Posts).  In the past I’m pretty sure all new posts appeared in this list.  However for the last few days something has gone awry.  It was worse when I started this thread but looking at it now, there are two new posts (one in Classifieds and two in Events) that are not listed here.

C

Curley
    Participant

Ooops.  Solved the problem.  Private replies are not listed in the Recent Posts or Latest Posts.

Sorry to have wasted everyone’s time

C

flylife

I find Latest Posts as the most reliable way to check for new content. Not sure how Recent Posts is generated (though maybe that’s been fixed cos both lists look the same to me today?)

Re the forum in general, it’s up to us to use it or lose it, though it continues to prove its worth when there are serious matters to be debated.

BarryJ
    Participant

I agree with Rob; I find Latest Posts from the top menu is the easiest way to navigate the forum.

Personally, I reckon it is one of the easiest versions of the forum we have had. Pics can be easily posted direct from your device (PC, smart phone or tablet), emoticons can added straight from your smart device keypad. Only thing I miss is the ability to mark all posts as read.

flylife

Yes, I hate change but don’t mind this latest forum platform. Rarely encounter traffic lights on any of my devices now and spam seems to be under control. Even managed to load an avatar (with a bit of help). I can’t see any major changes to the forum likely in the foreseeable future so learn to live with it fellas or move on…🚥🚦

BarryJ
    Participant

I forgot to add that if you log in frequently, you very rarely get the traffic lights etc.

KO
    Participant

As a technical side note, mobile chat platforms are the way to go.. not a lot of future in forums that are mainly for PCs/laptops  .

Majority of tech users use their mobile technology for internet access these days.

You would get more use if you supported a forum app rather than just web based.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.