Back Issue Discussions Readership Survey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

flylife

For anyone keen to have a say in the future direction of FlyLife beyond 100, Leighton has put a user-friendly survey on the FlyLife website. Only takes a few minutes…

https://flylife.com.au/surveys

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

I can only imagine that this is a template of another survey but the questions about one’s education and salary seem a bit intrusive and somewhat moot.

unless of course we were to separate those folks and listen to them mainly… I mean, who wants to hear the opinions of the poor and uneducated when it comes to fly fishing? amirite??

anyway… I tend not to try to fix something unless it’s broken. taking a survey is like showing your hand, lads.

funny how no one surveyed us about the forum. I use the forum a lot more than a magazine every 3 months… but I also understand the forum doesn’t pay the bills. even with the repetitive advertising.

cheers,

shawn

flylife

There is a comments section at the end of the survey where you can have your say Mitch, but happy to take comments here and add them to the mix. 101 is a good time to flip a few things if the Sloane mix/influence is wearing thin. It’s as much about affirmation as it is about a new direction.

I guess salary range, education and age are standard demographic questions in building a readership profile.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

let me do the math for you, mate. save you a whole world of bother.

it will be 51/49%

so as soon as you calculate all your variables that’s going to be your answer. why? because it’s two party preferred. (salt/fresh)

half will want fresh.

half will be of +45yrs.

half will prefer the hard copy over the web.

half will have an education after high school.

half will be able to afford to travel.

half will not bother with the survey.

half will be untruthful. we’re fishermen.

but to be fair it’s just my modernistic prediction… but when was the last time you heard of any referenda that didn’t end on the halfway line?

I suppose some of the answers can dictate what people want but how will that control the articles written? sure you can pick and choose to suit the magazine. and what will you choose, you ask? half and half.

it’s a shame we can’t pull up the great “too much fresh/salt in the mag” content posts of the past… hell, I remember there was a time when the spine colours were debatable.

good times and cheers for entertaining my questions,

shawn

Chief
    Participant

Simple really; magazine is still great, forum popular as ever needs work 🙂

Alanta
    Participant

What Chief said

flylife

Happily you are way off with your 50/50 Mitch but I guess that’s why the mag is still going strong.

dynaflow
    Participant

Re the “income” question in the survey,I would imagine there’s many Forumites who are retired so technically they don’t have one,and there was no option in the questionnaire.I wonder if the question “Are you retired?” might have any relevance in your survey?

flylife

I reckon any analysis would factor age against income, but the more relevant questions relate to content satisfaction/feedback.

chf
    Participant

Perhaps a dedicated survey here about the forum ?
    Could be interesting , perhaps even useful to the mags online presence .

I think my answers were the same as the last Readership Survey ! ( age aside …not sure what that says about me …)

flylife

From memory that was in FL #17!

ronb
    Participant

Just completed the survey, not happy about compulsory income question, so yes , I lied.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.