Travel Talk northern snowy mountains

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

willow71
    Participant

Just back from Thredbo – hard work after the Easter long weekend. Saw lots of good quality fish but very easily spooked and cautious in their approach to flies – both dry and nymph. Beautiful water for my first trip up there with the family. Might leave them at home next time so I can fully focus on the fishing which I think is what this water requires.

Charles Clayton
    Participant

Fished Jindy over Easter, caught three rainbows Friday evening, that was it for the weekend, we camped on the lake but hardly saw a fish move.I know the lake dropped maybe one percent but that shouldn’t have much effect, the weather was nice too warm maybe.

nishiki3
    Participant

http://www.nakedtrout.com.au/blog this blog is great for updates on the snowies (mainly euc) and well written. i’ll be heading to the thredbo next week to chase some early spawning browns!

Fraser Perry
    Participant

I fished the Thredbo River over the weekend and found the river conditions to be very challenging. The best fish I caught was a 56 cm Rainbow.

Here is a link to the full report:

http://www.flyjunkies.com.au/post/48086 … edbo-river

pogo
    Participant

Some nice big browns starting to move up the euc.

spent the last week down there and got on to a few after a few tips from Col at the Adaminaby Angler.

Best one just under 7 1/2 lb, my best trout ever, on an olive fur fly fished in the old river channel at the mouth of the lake.

Had a couple of days with George (bluecod) and he PBed on a nice brown as well.

didnt get my big one until he took his wretched white hat back to Sydney :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

bluecod
    Participant

Wretched white hat ….. humbug :evil:

Still haven’t seen photographic evidence of this brown behemoth ….. or are you waiting to shock me when you bring the paraphanalia over? 😉

pogo
    Participant

The curse of the wretched white hat also flattenned the camera battery.

But only after successful shots of YOUR fish.

Dodgy phone camera footage is all i have.

Oh and a fish in the freezer awaiting brining curing and cold smoking Yum Yum.

Tried to revive it but he was absolutely knackered and died during CPR.

neat photo of the pogoboat at the end of the lineup, moored on the shallows of the edge of the channel, http://nakedtrout.com.au/blog/

I was’nt one of the boats that moored in the channel, but I was there when they did.

Took Rory and Josephine down one afternoon for a fish. Josephine caught her first trout a nice rainbow.

piper
    Participant

I must say I always enjoy my fishing more when George is not around. The only time I found him useful was when he called out "brown", I jumped right luckily, and the 5′ plus brown slithered away to the left. Does anyone else have anything positive to say about him? Ah, I just remembered he was also very helpful with his work supporting access for recreational fishing.

George, I am still waiting for details of our luderick fishing outing on the Central Coast.

bluecod
    Participant
    quote piper:

I must say I always enjoy my fishing more when George is not around. The only time I found him useful was when he called out “brown”, I jumped right luckily, and the 5′ plus brown slithered away to the left. Does anyone else have anything positive to say about him? Ah, I just remembered he was also very helpful with his work supporting access for recreational fishing.

George, I am still waiting for details of our luderick fishing outing on the Central Coast.

I actually called out “SNAKE!” and you jumped without looking :o …… the only time I’ve ever seen you move faster was when they put dinner on the table …… well I suppose that was one 50/50 bet you won.

Chris, still waiting to get word that the luderick are around in sufficient numbers to make your trip worthwhile …. with the mullet moving around it shouldn’t be too long. You keen for a day trip or an overnighter involving a bottle of velvet or two ?

piper
    Participant

Most definitely

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘northern snowy mountains’ is closed to new replies.