Travel Talk New England Autumn 2019

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

madpie
    Participant

Looking to come up to the Ebor area for a fish. I am wondering if the heat of summer has stuffed things up. Love to have some comments from people that have fished around recently.

Cheers

madpie

luvnat
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.

luvnat
    Participant

So what is a private reply.Tried it but no work.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

Yes, it has worked; private responses are visible to admins & mods plus the thread originator. The thread originator however can only reply to you with a public post in the thread unless you give an email address or mobile number in your private response

john l gower
    Participant

I’m guessing if Ebor is anything like the rest of New England it would be the driest you would have ever seen it  my brother liver in Tenterfield  he is offloading stock every week

Peter Elks
    Participant

Madpie,

Ive just phoned the Dutton Hatchery at Ebor and they have only had between 10-15ml in the last week and have not received any of the  storms received on the coast.

All creeks are very low and warm as its been a rather  intense summer with almost zero rain of any worth.

Prior to last week the serpentine at the hatchery  had almost zero flow and the hatcherys fish in the river pens would not even rise to pellets due to the water being so low and hot and the staff who travelled from Dorrigo to the hatchery each day also told me that even the Guy Fawkes adjacent to the Ebor pub looked low dirty and almost stagnant.

In leau of the above I think you would be waisting your time until the area has a succession of storms that will create some  consistent run off and even with such hopefull rainfall I suggest  you should be prepared for low fish numbers in the coming seasons due to fish not surviving the low hot waters left over from summer..

Pete

• This reply was modified 1 hour, 49 minutes ago by  Peter Elks.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.