Events Mitta Mitta Carp Classic

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

micmac3701
    Participant
    We are edging closer to our event date of 27th March 2021.
    $500 Cash prize for biggest fish on the day. Men’s, Women’s, Children U 16 prizes as well.
    Event Registrations have started coming in, so please sign up and join us in enjoying a great day and help support a very worthy cause in the Mitta Ambulance Service.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Gee thats a pretty good effort getting that together!  Well done.

A couple years ago on the South Platte in suburban Denver they had a session going complete with strippers, kegs, live bands and were even gambling heavily but slightly undercover on the outcome. And that was right  out in front of God and everybody… Lord only knows what was going on in the carpark.

Just saying…   Jimmy

micmac3701
    Participant

Reckon the Mitta Valley event will be a bit more low keyed than that, but who knows how it may develop in the future. I’d like to see a “fly caught carp” category introduced but given the size of some of these fish I’d be leaving the twig rods at home.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

I have been pulled into line by my clever wife who has reminded me that they were not strippers at that particular anti-carp event but were actually ‘Stripping Guides” which makes a lot more sense and is far more appropriate… kinda. So I stand corrected.

Full marks to you folks for organizing of such a worthwhile event and I hope you have a cracking day.

Cheers and high regards…Jimmy

micmac3701
    Participant

Guides stripping is not something I want to see anytime soon and especially not at a family friendly event.

Denver guides must be a pretty bohemian bunch, makes you wonder what Florida guides get up to.

Alanta
    Participant

Thanks to a lot of time, effort and money Tasmania is just about free of carp  and I was wondering what happens to the carp that are caught in the Classic. Are they released or killed ?

micmac3701
    Participant

Killed as you are not allowed to return noxious fish to the water.

ANDREW
    Participant

Kill it, chop it so it really and trully dead then  throw it back in the water. Do not leave it on the water edge.

https://vfa.vic.gov.au/recreational-fishing/recreational-fishing-guide/catch-limits-and-closed-seasons/types-of-fish/freshwater-scale-fish/european-carp

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.