Species Talk Luderick

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

X-Stream Fly
    Participant

Congrats Axis they era great you will be hooked I am.

thommo227
    Participant

Went to the local tackle shop in SW Rocks, bought a couple of locally tied weed flies, went to the spot where I’d seen a few old fellas catching luderick on weed y’day, chucked out my weed fly on my 6wt under a NZ strike indicator.  Caught 5 cracking luderick in 45mins!  Geez they pull hard too.  Most fun you can have with your pants on.

Gerard
    Participant

IGFA

Email them to <a href=”mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] and ill put them up for you if you want bud 🙂

Great effort on them btw, I really want to have a crack at them, but as far as i know the only decent close population is in Warnambool.

Caught them there on soft mollusc bait under the hopkins bridge years ago, never heard of people fishing with weed or artificial fly’s.

Is this a thing in Vic?

thommo227
    Participant

I need to invest in a long handle net next time I chase luderick.

First day, all the old locals were there using the standard float & weed setup.  Everyone was catching, though I think the fly was doing better.

Second day, every man & his dog was there after seeing the action the day before, but there was no action so they all chucked it in early.  I was confident they would come on, waited & sure enough they did, but not to the same extent.  As soon as I hooked the first, an old local appeared from nowhere & lobbed his float right next to my fly!

It’s a funny little cult local event the luderick show.  But I’m hooked.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.