Species Talk Luderick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Royalwulff
    Participant

Gday, I am an old luderick fisherman as a boy in the 70’s and beyond. Berley was important for some spots, the majority actually.

I have fly fished for Trout and Bream etc since the 80’s, and have recently picked up some weed flies.

Do you Luderick fly guys berley (I am talking rivers – not ocean rocks) with sand/weed mixture?

Thanks

Nog
    Participant

Yep

delphin
    Participant

have done but situation dependant.
    Mostly locate feeding fish and fish those, however if they are not in a feeding mood (or maybe mode?) then encouragement works.

I have not used the sand weed mixture but only a weed scatter and never a lot of it.

X-Stream Fly
    Participant

No never have too as long as you have a good pair of polarised glasses and spot the fish. We catch heaps in the rivers by just casting upstream and slow strips. Good luck great sports fish. Shannon.

igfafly
    Participant

Had a ball on the luderick on the weekend – must have got over 20 on fly

initially at bottom of tide the cabbage weed brigade were berleying and getting them one after the other and we were not getting a touch on the fly but then as the tide turned and started coming in we were going shot for shot – double hook-ups and a lot of fun
    mate got his first fly caught fish – a good old luderick on weed fly
    not what one would imagine but he was stoked to be on the board
    aaaah – another dough thrower corrupted !

Steve

William
    Participant
    quote igfafly:

must have got over 20 on fly

Pics or it didn’t happen :lol

igfafly
    Participant

cant add – will email you if you could oblige

:?

X-Stream Fly
    Participant

Sounds like a great session igfafly, they are a great sport fish well done.

igfafly
    Participant

Maybe this will do it…

Off for another look in on the weekend….tides look favourable

Steve

igfafly
    Participant

or maybe this ?

Nog
    Participant

You win techno-savvy fly fisher of the year Baker

jazzatomo
    Participant

IGFA
    Email them to <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] and ill put them up for you if you want bud šŸ™‚

Great effort on them btw, I really want to have a crack at them, but as far as i know the only decent close population is in Warnambool.

royceshanks
    Participant

Hey royalwulff

Like you was brought up on the long rod and pi and still do it also hit them with the fly and al title burley helps very rare I get them without

Royalwulff
    Participant

thanks all

Axis
    Participant

I gave blackfish on the fly a crack the other morning and came up trumps. I think I might get hooked on this. Sight fishing, crystal clear water over sand flats with weed beds…it ticks all the boxes. I also christened my trendy new glass rod lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.