Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Lino Cuts Limited Edition Prints of Trout and other Species

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

JC2
    Participant

I have been carving some new designs of Trout and will continue to print various other species.

When I return from future trips I will have some Gyotaku prints of Trout,Australian Bass, Dusky Flathead and pelagic species.

Below is a recent limited edition print on 300 gsm paper. It is a Lino Cut print. Called “King of the Pool”.

Lino cuts have their own unique character.

It will be signed and dated lower right with my red artist’s mark. Edition run is two Artist Proofs and three prints.

I am selling these as just the print. One Artist Proof will be framed. PM me if you are interested in purchasing one of these.

There are only three prints available. Image size is approximately A4 size.

[email protected]
    Participant

JC2, interesting that you are doing gyotaku. Few people outside Japan know this form of art. I’d be keen to see your work. I studied the indirect gyotaku method under Master Nagase Bōshū who was the first student of Master Inada who invented the indirect method nearly 70 years ago. Attached is some of my gyotaku under the name Gōshū given to me by Nagase sensei when I graduated.

atk16
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have just thought about getting into gyotaku. We used to do it as kids in Hawaii. But I recently saw sone and was blown away by the art. Is there anyone in Vic or Aus that does it to learn from? Id be keen to learn and my other question is the colour added after the paint dries?</p>

Peter Gibson
    Participant

JC2, don’t take this the wrong way, but these are even better than your paintings.

Wet
    Participant

JC2, don’t take this the wrong way, but these are even better than your paintings.

Agreed, I like it!!

JC2
    Participant

Agreed, I like it!!

Yes, thanks for that , always good to have some feedback.

But I think you are confusing Dr Graham’s colourful plates as mine. He may be pleased that you consider them better than my paintings, he may not.

My humble Lino cut is at the start in black and white.

I will continue to work on my Lino prints and should have some Gyotaku prints of Australian Bass as I am heading out to catch a few tomorrow. I will be gone for a week.

[email protected]
    Participant

Hello Jeff, your lino print is excellent and quite exceptional. It conveys so much action and energy. To me it looks like the fish has just spotted a fly and is thinking “I’ll have that!” I look forward to seeing more.

I also offer my sincere apologies for causing confusion and distracting from your excellent print by posting my gyotaku. I got rather over excited when you mentioned doing gyotaku yourself. There are not many outside Japan who practise gyotaku.

JC2
    Participant

It certainly has worked out for the best Graham. I must thank you for your guidance with the indirect method,I look forward to learning the process over time and shall post some photos of my attempts.

It is always exciting to learn new skills. I have always enjoyed the traditional Gyotaku but now have this new method to explore.

Thanks once again Graham,

Jeff

JC2
    Participant

B805C507-F7CE-45CE-B0E1-64A55AAAC65F

Printed eight traditional Gyotaku in a mixture of gold and black Indian ink on Whenzou Rice paper. Bass is 35 cm and was caught yesterday at Maroon Dam.

[email protected]
    Participant

Hello Jeff,

Well done with the print.  The gold adds a nice enhancement to a traditional style print.  Australian Bass would certainly be a good candidate for the indirect method.

Cheers,

Gra

Wet
    Participant

Hey Jeff, I definitely was referring to the Black lino cut… The bass looks good too.

Marcus Saunders
    Participant

G’day mate,

How much are you selling the Bass prints for?

Cheers Marcus

[email protected]

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Gentlemen… The standard and style of these works is fair giving me the headspins.

Just about the time I am beginning to imagine the process involved and thinking Goya Who??… or how and where one would become a professional wildlife illustrator… when our man Jeff smashes out a classic number. Esoteric… perhaps. Definitely fascinating to wonder where you might go from here. Does this mean you now travel with rice paper Jeff?

Cheers… Jimmy

JC2
    Participant

Hello Marcus, I have sent two emails to you.

Jimmy, yes, will be travelling with rice paper, ink and artist’s mark to Tasmania in February. I will stay at the Penstock shack for five days and try and catch a brown and rainbow for the printing process. A big Penstock Brown would be the duck’s nuts.

If it all works out I will donate one print to you as a Gathering Raffle prize for Deloraine. It would make a nice remembrance of the Gathering.

I am heading off to Fraser Island on the 10th August for a weeks fly fishing on the western side chasing big Dusky Flathead.

I want to bring one back to print, I think flathead would make an excellent subject,

Regards to Robyn and your good self.

Jeff

JC2
    Participant

I now have an Artist Proof (AP) and three edition Lino Cuts available for sale ie:1/3 to 3/3. The Print is called “King of the Pool.” and is based on a Brown Trout I caught on the MacLaughlin River, NSW.

PM me if you are interested in purchasing one of these prints.3E0EA5BA-8B8D-41ED-BE48-CD9D4ADF931F

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.