Talking Tactics leader knots

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

butch
    Participant

I have always formulated and tied my own leaders to length, thanks to new technology my joining bloodknots now don’t drag weed from the water or catch on the guides passing through. I now coat the knot in tiny drop of UV cure epoxy to a bead shape, you can see the marked difference in 5kg line joins.

IMG_5538

Attachments:

Alanta
    Participant

I do the same thing with the leader to fly line nail knot. And I have found that you can smooth the epoxy to shape with a wet finger before you zap it with the UV torch.

butch
    Participant

Yep thats how I started this off, then took it a step further onto the leader. Now try and stop me! Goop on everything I can think of that needs it or doesn’t, just because it looks so good on the finish, especially flies of course.

dynaflow
    Participant

Nice macro pic there butch….

butch
    Participant

Aahh ! Thankyou very mooch !

pippafish
    Participant

Looks good… what UV cure product are you using?

butch
    Participant

I bought a small 15ml tub from a nail care technician, labelled …Clear Builder Gel.

Have bought before through Ebay from China, but useless would never set, ….ripped off.

Alanta
    Participant

I use Loon UV Knot Sense and a $7.00 UV torch from ebay

butch
    Participant

I use the same or similar pen UV torch, the Gel Builder 15ml is $10… Loon is $$$$$$, but I’m just a tight RRRR’s

dynaflow
    Participant

Interesting….how’s it holding up? Or more specifically it’s resistance and resilience to UV?

butch
    Participant

Same as a fly with uv cure on the head, and more durable at the knot as it gets knock around less.

I’m replacing the leader less often, but tippets as usual.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.