Travel Talk Kosciusko NP hike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I dont know how everyone else has fared in the second half of this year , but for me average would be a nice way of putting it !!
    So my younger brother and i have been eyeing off a certain section of river for quite a while now , after some friends of mine fished it a year ago with amazing results .
    So off we headed from up the Hume and beyond into the Kosciusko NP.
    Stopping off on the way at the meeting of the Geehi and Swampy for a night . Beautiful piece of water ( possible the prettiest iv seen !! ) .

We blanked that arvo but saw some good fish but ill take the blame for poor presentation in spooking them ๐Ÿ™

The next morning after some rain cleared we headed off to where we would begin our hike in.
    After a 2 hour hike in we found a nice grassy patch on the edge of the river to set up camp .

We fished solidly for the next 2 days for about 10 fish sighted and only one landed ๐Ÿ™
    Fishing some of the most perfect looking water you are likely to ever find .
    But the fish just weren’t playing ball .
    No matter what we tried we couldn’t get a take ..

It ended up being an extremly frustrating trip but the upside is that it was some great reccy for next time we hike up that way ๐Ÿ™‚

But with views like this it wasnt all bad ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers
    Aaron

irongustavius
    Participant

Looks like an awesome trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Pity about the fish, but you can’t have everything.

Ofuros
    Participant

Fish may have been few & far between, but at least you were on the banks with a chance.
    Hiking & fishing…a great combination. Enjoyed your post.

via the information highway…….

Fitz
    Participant

To my mind this is where its at. Fish or no fish. Great stuff.

Eel
    Participant

Aaron, good on you for getting out and enjoying the great outdoors, I noticed that there were
    a couple of star pickets and what looks like a post on the flat where you camped, can you shed any light
    on why, what or if there was a vehicle track leading to that spot. It appears that the fish have gone off
    the bite these last couple of weeks.
    Eel

happycamper
    Participant

Frustrating, but you can’t beat spending time smack-bang in the middle of that scenery!

Flyfisher78
    Participant
    quote irongustavius:

Looks like an awesome trip ๐Ÿ™‚

Pity about the fish, but you can’t have everything.

Angus, get us a spot on the next hike with these guys!!! s:up s:up

beaut photography fellas… you are not alone in your skunkings :cry:

Tocs
    Participant

Thanks for the report

Some nice shots. At least you were sighting a few.

Andrewa
    Participant

Nice trip. I did a similar walk and fish and camp wherever you end up trip up the Howqua recently from 5 mile. Low levels, saw and caught 2 fish (35 and 45cm), but nothing else for the day. Lovely to be away, and not "time limited", but fishing was very slow, and in hindsight I think I’d rather be time limited on a river that fished well.

Anyway, the photos look lovely. But no fish photos…..!

Andrew A

RobV
    Participant

Wow, that looks stunning – thanks for posting!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Kosciusko NP hike’ is closed to new replies.