Flies & Fly Tying Hook comparison and search tools

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tight Lines
    Participant

Hey guys, just though this might be of use to some of you. I’ve developed a search tool for fly tyers to find the closest equivalents to the main hook types across a range of brands – Tiemco, Gamakatsu, Ahrex, Daiichi, Dai-Riki, Mustad and Kamasan.

I always found using comparison charts a pain, so I created this to be a comprehensive and effective free resource for fly tyers. Have a try and please let us know what you think.

Next week I am rolling out a related tool that allows people to search by the type of fly they are tying – ie large terrestrial, heavy nymph, ultra fine dry etcetera.

https://tacklevillage.com/fly-tying-hook-database/

DrGraham
    Participant

Thanks Tight Lines, that looks like a very useful tool.  I can think of some other popular brands that can be added to the database, Firehole, Black Magic, Partridge and my current favourite Hanak.

Tight Lines
    Participant

Thanks Graham. Yep, we’ll add some of those brands for sure. I’ve had several people ask about those, particularly Firehole, Patridge and Hanak.

Feel free to share the link to the tool among your friends.

Rick

dynaflow
    Participant

Probably a better search tool for Freshwater hooks as the Saltwater cross-referencing needs updating (e.g.Daiichi 2456 leaves out the popular SL11-3H).Nonetheless a good resource and thanks for your effort.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.