Travel Talk Hamilton Island

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

Hi All,

In April next year the family and I are heading to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays for a few days. I’ve managed to negotiate my 8wt into the luggage allotment, and am wondering if anyone has advice on whether land based fishing is feasible, and what lines/flies to pack. Google and a search of the forum topics didn’t yield much. This will primarily be a non-fishing holiday, so spots will have to be accessible and not require a full day to access/explore. I’m not picky, and will go home a happy man if I can hook a little queenie or something.

Matt.

dynaflow
    Participant

Hi Matt and Merry Christmas to you.I would suggest asking on the Australian Salt water fly fishing Forum,where there’s a wealth of experienced and helpful members.It’s Queensland based.

Cheers

micmac3701
    Participant

Check out a couple of back issue articles on the whitsundays (issue 52 and issue 94) might be a place to start.

john l gower
    Participant

hi matt give me a call I’ve fished there a few times  0403825561

John Gower

Matthew
    Participant

Thanks for all the helpful responses guys. Dynaflow, that forum has loads of great info, just searching previous posts was informative. Very generous of you John, I’ll definitely take you up on that before we head off.

Matt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.