Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

micmac3701
    Participant

I have just finished re-reading Greg French’s “Frog Call” and it’s the mark of a great book when it is thought provoking and entertaining no matter how many times you read it.

One positive aspect of lockdowns is having a bit more time to sit and read.

Got to be some upside.

dynaflow
    Participant

True…I’ve recently discovered Mark Kurlansky.A Journalist and prolific author who writes about diverse subject matter.I’ve got his “Salmon: A Fish,the Earth,and the History of Their Common Fate” and “The Unreasonable Virtue of Fly Fishing”.His other books are worth checking out (like “Cod:A Biography of the Fish that changed the World”)

micmac3701
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I have ordered in prep for the next lockdown.

Peter Gibson
    Participant

Kurlansky’s books relating to fish and fisheries are fantastic, but his books ‘Salt: A World History” and “The Basque History of the World” are also great reads.

chf
    Participant

Only 3 more lockdowns til Xmas so plenty of time still for reading …

Another vote for Kurlanksy , loved Salt , Cod & Salmon , though imho The Unreasonable Virtue of Fly Fishing isn’t his strongest book .

Haven’t thought I read too much this winter but did really enjoy Trout by James Owen , Golden Days by Romilly Fedden , and Peter Hayes’s Trout and Flies Getting Closer was very interesting.

micmac3701
    Participant

A Mean-Mouthed, Hooked-Jawed, Bad-News, Son-of-a-Fish.

By Wolf Avni.

Came across this by accident in a second hand bookshop, great stories from a part of the world I just don’t associate with trout fishing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.