Species Talk GOODoo News

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author

ben
    Participant

that sinking feeling when the waters vacate the size of a plate and your fly comes to the surface :rolleyes:
    A bit of consolidation this morning

New boat transport- didn’t load it properly for the trip back and am feeling it

Cheers
    Ben

aybe
    Participant

I chose a different option than Ben.Went with the golf cart.The snake proof attire(crocs)worked well too.When a little browny stood up in front of me I was able to jump high enough so he couldn’t reach me.

I didn’t have any luck fishing with Ben.But when I got back I gave the cart another shakedown closer to home and managed this fella.

Jimma333
    Participant

The golf cart ! Nice ! I didn’t think fly fisherman played golf hahahaha . The striders do get bloody heavy after a while. All the weight is on your shoulders. Would be great if they had a waist strap so you could put some weight on your hips like a back packers pack. Maybe we could patent it. The cod are looking great blokes ! Great job I’m in struggle town at the moment with about 8 failed trips now. The lake I fish is EXTREMELY dirty which doesn’t help my case. Not to worry, wouldn’t do it if it was easy !

HamishWebb
    Participant

Was back at it again on Saturday. A different river this time. Was lucky enough to pick up another one… Lots more exploring and learning to do, I feel like catching fish on the the last two trips has been a bit of a fluke. Looking forward to doing it again soon anyway 🙂

Cheers
    Hamish

aybe
    Participant

Your on a roll Hamish addictive aren’t they s:up My w/e didn’t go so well five strikes no hook-ups 🙁 But the good thing is I know where they live.Next time i’ll be more on the ball.
    Ash

HamishWebb
    Participant

Thanks Ash.

Sounds like you had a frustrating session 🙂 You’ll get them next time I’m sure 🙂

They are definitely addictive. I’ll be back out doing it again on the weekend. Hopefully the roll continues 🙂

Cheers
    Hamish

ben
    Participant

Great looking water – well done Hamish

Cheers

Ben

Jimma333
    Participant

It’s a sickness hamish and the only cure is another cod on the end of your rod !!! Great work mate ! I’ve got a trip planned in a couple of weeks so hopefully I will have some goodoo picks to put up myself

Jimma

ben
    Participant

45 minute post dawn walk – just this is enough

but this makes it perfect – 78 cm C&R

I didn’t mind missing another 2 and losing 2 more.

Ben

Keegs
    Participant

Well done Ben. Nice looking spot that

aybe
    Participant

That’s a beauty Ben.Shame I wasn’t there because I reckon you may have even cracked a smile for the camera if I was.Its been a bit tough for me over there this season.But I managed this one Saturday night.
    P.S. The wire trigger type weedguard seems to have proven itself this season the hookup rate is a lot better than the mono loop.I’ll stick with the loop for surface flies though.Fishing in the dark its not so easy to see if the guard needs resetting.

HamishWebb
    Participant

Awesome work Ben!

Cheers
    Hamish

HamishWebb
    Participant

Hi guys

The cod fishermen amongst us might be interested in my latest blog, which looks at how shifting baselines affect our perceptions of how "healthy" fisheries are. It spends a fair bit of time looking historical murray cod populations. Anyway, hopefully its of interest. http://flickandflyjournal.com/2015/06/1 … fisheries/

Cheers
    Hamish

bernie01
    Participant
    quote HamishWebb:

Hi guys

The cod fishermen amongst us might be interested in my latest blog, which looks at how shifting baselines affect our perceptions of how “healthy” fisheries are. It spends a fair bit of time looking historical murray cod populations. Anyway, hopefully its of interest. http://flickandflyjournal.com/2015/06/1 … fisheries/

Cheers
    Hamish

Great blog post as usual Hamish; the ‘Cod pub crawl’ link was very interesting also. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-02/c … ce/6369440

aybe
    Participant

Finally cracked one using a Wiggle Tail.Trying to improve my catch rate in the daylight.Have’nt been the be all and end all I perhaps thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.