Tackle Talk Gone but not…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

micmac3701
    Participant

Saw a recent post about a lost C&F Chest box and it bought back personal bitter memories of a dry fly box lost from a dodgy vest pocket on the banks of the Moorabool River.  Still stings these many years later.

Recently lost another box but had it turn up in a vest pocket (new vest with tricky vertical pockets is my excuse). This set me thinking about gear lost along the way. Nets, actually returned to one spot and miraculously found one lost net, nippers, haemostats, thermometers. All in all a pretty short list considering the abundant opportunities to “misplace stuff”.

Fish…. Well that a whole other library of tragedy better left closed.

So, war stories, who has a tragic tale of loss? Gear sacrificed in the quest for fish.

Warnesy
    Participant

I’ve posted this before but the entire Sage XP Ross evolution combo lost floating down the Tumut when I tucked it into the waders to land my mates first ever fish on fly…still stings

Gerard
    Participant

I’ve posted this before but the entire Sage XP Ross evolution combo lost floating down the Tumut when I tucked it into the waders to land my mates first ever fish on fly…still stings

that’s tragic…

micmac3701
    Participant

Not sure if I’d come back from that, I’m still crying over the plastic box with a bunch of self tied dry flies in it. A whole set up….. I’d need some very expensive and extensive therapy.

Fitz
    Participant

Broke my Hardy Zenith down to bush bash out of a river in NZ. No tube so I resorted to counting the sections over and over again. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3………….. never found it even though we only had less than 20 meters to search for it.

chf
    Participant

Had a net lost in the Ovens catchment just last week ! My second lost net .

This one was a Mclean weigh net , and they have a small bolt holding the hoop frame into the handle , so it must’ve become loose and the hoop and net came away from the handle , fell in the water and in the high flows just washed away , I had a lanyard attached to the handle but not the hoop … I was in a strong run just above a dropoff pool with some willows …searched hard but couldn’t find it .

Still have the handle with the weigh mechanism though , so can still use that I guess 😊

flylife

I’m sadly missing a gorgeous little Ari Hart reel. It made the cover of FL #8 after travelling to South America and beyond. The reel and attached Loomis rod vanished many years ago when entrusted to my youngest son, then living in a series of student share houses. Hope it found a good home and still gets a run now and then on a river somewhere.😢

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.