#96 Winter 2019 Go To Waters

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Stephen Hill
    Participant

I’m sure they’ll be some mixed feelings about this piece, and I’ll admit a shudder or two at some of the locations getting a highlight, but there’s enough vagueness to ease my first reaction. It’s not like these spots haven’t had any airing before.

Greg brings in some hope and enough detail to encourage exploration. While he makes each location sound like a lay down misere to chalk up a few fish, you still need to be prepared.

I enjoyed the read. I enjoyed reaching for my copy of Trout Waters to get some more detail. I’ll enjoy remembering my experiences at the places I’ve already fished. I’ll enjoy the dreams of the places yet to be ticked off.

Cheers Greg.

flylife

I just edit out the ones I don’t want mentioned.😉

Stephen Hill
    Participant

The power! 😂

Chief
    Participant

Maybe you could do a follow-up article Stephen 😉 I’m sure there are many of us that would help you research your “Go To Waters”

Great article by Greg BTW

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

at least you lot have water to go to.

aaargh,

shawn

winter’s only just started here… like just started yesterday.

100mm lower than this time last year and 40% of average.

why I’m always fishing closer to your house than I am to mine.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

I reckon Greg did it pretty well as usual. Its no more detailed than necessary and folks will still need to hit the topo’s which is the whole idea. It encourages people to explore and move around a bit. The Tassie Bible remains the pre eminent piece of literature relevant to our island lifestyle…

If ever anyone is feeling a bit down, it is the very best medicine around. Just put the book on the kitchen table, open it to a random page and hey presto… there is your current project right before your eyes. Go there.. do that… and learn along the way.

Nice photos as well and a couple untried locations as a bonus. It’s all good.

Cheers..Jimmy

BarryJ
    Participant

Another great article by Greg. As Jimmy says, just enough info to whet the appetite for further investigation.

I just edit out the ones I don’t want mentioned.😉

😱🤔 I really want to see the contents of Rob’s clipboard now! 🙄👍🏻

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Maybe you could do a follow-up article Stephen 😉 I’m sure there are many of us that would help you research your “Go To Waters”

Great article by Greg BTW

I’m pretty sure Mark wouldn’t think that of any value. 🤷‍♂️

Greg French
    Participant

Thanks Stephen for commenting on ‘Go-to Waters’.

It’s always a delicate balancing act when talking about your favourite places because they are other people’s favourite places too. I’ve expanded on this theme under the topic ‘Fishing locations’ in this #96 Winter 2019 discussion.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.