Events Flylife Forum Gathering 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 279 total)
  • Author

Twigman
    Participant

Thanks to Woody and Lachlan for organizing the event, even though I was only there for a day and a bit it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. Good to catch up with (and meet) everyone again, unfortunately at this stage Tassie is unachievable for me.  To Warnesy, Rob and DC – awesome trip and company post gathering.  All the stress and worry about what we might find melted away in the first minute of monday’s session :-). Only downside of the trip I could think of was bloody leeches playing mind games with us………….

Adam.

asme
    Participant

Well done to Woody and Lachlan for the organisation of the gathering,these seem to get better and better each year. The thing I like about these gatherings is, although they are 12 months apart with an hour or two of arriving its like the last one was only a week or two ago. Bring on Tassie 2020!

Mike

dctrout
    Participant

What another fantastic Gathering with many thanks to Woody and Lachie for their organizing effort.The food set up was sensational and the digs very well structured with the common room.Once again it was the comraderie that stood out being fantastic to catch up with old mates and one new one for me in Nog who I taught the “ethics of small stream flyfishing “to.Apologies to my clients in Stephen and Jimmy(coincidentily odd they were the only full time Tasmanians there) and to paraphrase Greg Chappell “we were fishing well just couldn’t seem to get the runs on the board”.Fortunately I haven’t been to Tassie for 20 plus years so my guiding services won’t be required there if I make it but come to think of it that was my first time in Harrietville.A special mention to Chief and Copped One(I don’t think the name caught on) for altered but still sensational Pre Gathering adventures and Warnsey,Twigman and Wildone for post Gathering hikes in which I redeemed myself getting amongst the runs and calling it “The best one ever”

Nog
    Participant

@dctrout

WhadayaexpectfromadumbQLDer?

wyldone
    Participant

Awesome Gathering… best one yet… Thanks Woody and Lachie for a well thought out and perfectly executed event!

Great to catch up with everyone yet again.

I had an fantastic time with the bonus of some unexpected good fishing.

Special thanks to DC (the Chef), Warnsey and Twigman for the post Gathering hikes. Spectacular stuff!

Duck-Wood20
    Participant

G’day Gents, Lachlan Wood has officially joined the Flylife forum!!

Chief
    Participant

Welcome Lachie 👍

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Well done Woody on a great few days of everything that encapsulates the Gathering. Thanks for the hard work before and during the event.

It was good catching up with old and new faces and sharing the water with some class people.

Things I learned included how a Spey line should work, how a bamboo rod should cast, how you don’t need to walk 4.5 km to the river to catch a fish and how you can coordinate the snoring of 8 blokes into sounding like a single, ongoing drone.

Special thanks should go again to the companies who supported the Gathering, particularly when I benefited so much from their generosity.

My guiding skills must have been flavoured somewhat by DC, as I led Mark on a fruitless sojourn on two stretches of the North Esk on our return to the state.

Oh well.

It was pleasing to add another couple of rivers to my list of those fished. The Cobungra and Buckland.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Ripper news. You have made my day Lachlan.  oh ….and thanks for the tech support.  I would just love to hear ya trying to explain all this Gathering garbology to your contemporaries. That would be pretty funny.   Duck-Wood20…     sounds pretty cool.

Cheers…Jimmy

Chief
    Participant

My guiding skills must have been flavoured somewhat by DC, as I led Mark on a fruitless sojourn on two stretches of the North Esk on our return to the state.

Oh well.

But how was THAT rod 😀

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Oh well.

But how was THAT rod 😀

It was pretty good. 🤷‍♂️😇

JC2
    Participant

Stephen Hill the Bastard.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

sounds nasty when you forget the word lucky, jeff…

cheers,

the unlucky

JC2
    Participant

He knows I am not serious…. I have been calling him that since he won the reel.

All good luck to him and we were wondering who would bite the first  and turns out it’s Mitch the unlucky.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 279 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.