#97 Spring 2019 FlyLife 97

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

flylife

I’m heading to WA for a winter break (and some wine and fly fishing) but the mag is printed and should be in the mail system to subscribers early next week.

Features include Southland estuary trout (Reygaert), backpacking tips (French), the Blue Mountains (Hutchins) and the upper Snowy River (Anderson). Two wilderness theme stories cover the North Island backcountry (Tocs) and a backpacker’s slant on Tasmania (Kerthe).

Salty treats include more on BBs (Morse), Cocos (Robertson) and South Coast estuaries (Fletoridis). We also feature Borumba natives (Volter) and offer some dark thoughts on designing headstand flies for mud suckers (Vincent).

For the adventurous we have giant pike in the Canadian wilderness (Ovesen).

Also some ‘interesting’ letters, and one particularly sobering Short Cast (Dimond).

Enjoy!

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

you’d better ring us.

stan’s out so it’s only me.

cheers,

shawn

flylife

Didn’t see you in the hip crowd at the ‘Melbourne’ Hotel last night Mitch? 🤔

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

the paddo?

building (re-building) a house four streets south… damn it. it’s the oirish bar on fridays.

I believe I’ve been very clear about this. I also believe I can fly.

cheers!

shawn

flylife

Back from the West after a week of beach combing in Exmouth and a week down south in the wineries. Highlights included some memorable if modest fish off the beach, a dingo encounter (Libby, when I had disappeared round the corner chasing Goldies) and a lunch at Leeuwin Estate. A wine tour at Cape Mentelle brought back memories of our time in Spain last winter too.  The direct flight from Hobart to Perth does make it so much easier.

I gather the latest magazine has gone out to subscribers, though it’s a deafening silence here on the forum.😬

Stephen Hill
    Participant

Turned up in Launceston today. Thank you very much. 😎

BarryJ
    Participant

Still nothing in my neck of the woods! 😢 I thought it might have arrived today, given that Stephen received his in Launceston yesterday!

Edit: Luckily, the electronic version is available though! 😎👍🏻

Mark Cloutier
    Participant

…just got in the door from a few days in Melbourne – FL is here, un-bent, dry and about to be read. And the trouty stuff looks bloomin marvellous. Gregs back packing piece makes it sound pretty straight forward, which it is (with a few safety tips) Tocs story (I did have a quick read) and loved it – I think I need to chat to Mr Tocs before heading to the NI and the backpackers Tas experience sounds great too…and then there is Daves Snowies piece. ‘How good is Fly Life’

Felix Borenstein
    Participant

Not spotted in New Zealand yet…..

Rabbit
    Participant

…just got in the door from a few days in Melbourne – FL is here, un-bent, dry and about to be read. And the trouty stuff looks bloomin marvellous. Gregs back packing piece makes it sound pretty straight forward, which it is (with a few safety tips) Tocs story (I did have a quick read) and loved it – I think I need to chat to Mr Tocs before heading to the NI and the backpackers Tas experience sounds great too…and then there is Daves Snowies piece. ‘How good is Fly Life’

Geez 200 metres from my house when you travelled through Bunbury to Margs! Mitch missed it too!

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

see: why he’s still married.

flylife

Shite. It would have been good to catch up. My only sensible conversation was with Owen Nuttridge in Dunsborough. And he lives on a golf course. How sad.

But you are correct, this wasn’t my half of the holiday…

David Anderson
    Participant

Good work running the anti-climate change subscription cancellation.

It was like a breath of stupid air.

flylife

🤐🤐🤐

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.