Back Issue Discussions FlyLife 91

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

flylife

Autumn mag is off the printing press and should be lodged in the mail system today.
    Subscribers can expect copies next week (it’s a short month).
    Official onsale date for newsagents and digital release is 1 March.
    Enjoy…

oldpiscator
    Participant

My copy arrived in this mornings mail .

Chief
    Participant

Arrived in Canberra today – I was amazed :S

Now I know why – got rid of the copies where the spine strips don’t align with no. 90 😉

Peter Watson
    Participant

Has arrived in Essendon as well 🙂

… same day as Canberra! can I put in an official complaint 👿

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

I guess this means I better read 90.

I always hope to get mine for free around gathering season..?

cheers,
    chancer

Chris Beech
    Participant

A cracking edition – loving the variety of fish species featuring these days

flylife

Chief, if you are still having problems with the stripes on the spines not lining up, have you thought about putting the mags in the binders the other way round?

Craig Worthington
    Participant

Another excellent issue. Went straight to Leighton’s Coco Island piece. Great read. Always enjoy salty stuff that involves exploring new ground.

But the “colourful juvenile Napolean wrasse” featured on page 41 is actually a full grown male tripletail wrasse (Cheilinus trilobatus). A very good specimen it is too. That’s about full size for the species. It is in the same genus as the Napolean wrasse but doesn’t quite have the same growth potential.

Sorry… can’t help myself 🙂

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Thanks Craig, appreciate the correction.

I’ll stick to captions like “A very pretty fish we caught at the beach” from now on to save further embarrassment in the future.

On the other hand its great to know people are actually reading our articles thoroughly!

flylife

Isn’t it Napoleon? :unsure:
    A wrasse by any other name would taste as sweet…
    Should have said a colourful and very close relative of the Napoleon wrasse.:)

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

though I’m fairly certain craig is the only one who knows the difference I shall send my copy back for correction.

cheers,
    shawn

ps. no red ink please as it’s upsetting to my fears of constant failure.

flylife

You can just black texta over ‘juvenile Napoleon’ and caption is correct. Or use tippex.
    Pleased you’re reading the salt content Mitch.

chf
    Participant

Loved the letters ! Long may they stay …Greg French’s especially caught perfectly the meaning of having a letters section .
    Then the piece that stopped me in my tracks this issue was ‘The White Trout’…goosebumps.
    And had me checking for my edition of Lady Gregory’s Irish Myths which I couldn’t find but I’m certain has a reference to a white trout( not Fion Mac Cumhaill’s Salmon of Knowledge ) , then on to Yeats and the Song of Wandering Aengus( hadn’t read for years) ,and the White Trout of Cong…
    Lindsay if your out there I’d love to know whether this river was in Ireland .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.