Back Issue Discussions FlyLife 100 on its way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Issue 100 should be on its way to you over the next week or so and will be available in stores from Thursday 27th August.

The whole FlyLife team is very excited to bring you this milestone issue – it’s a cracka!

Thank you to all our readers and subscribers who have loyally and consistently supported the magazine throughout the years. Without your support, there would be no FlyLife.

A massive congratulations to Rob Sloane for creating this iconic magazine 25 years ago and producing the highest quality publication ever since. A true legacy, with plenty more runway left yet.

Also a huge thanks to the technical team behind FlyLife. In particular to Jeremy Price, for his tireless efforts in bringing polish to the design of the magazine and Brad Harris for his fastidious attention to photographic detail.

And lastly to our contributors, who continue to provide the backbone of the content that makes FlyLife what it is – the stories, journalism, travel adventures, instruction and technical advice create the substance that sustains and motivates our collective passion for fly fishing.

Here’s looking to another 100 issues and a 50 year celebration in 2045.

flylife

Thanks Leighton. 👍
    I was relieved to find my subs copy in the mail today so it has made it as far as Richmond, Tasmania.
    Nice to see some FL#100 tribute clips from Dave Anderson and some of our regulars making on to the FL website. I have also shared some 25-year reflections in an online article on our site. https://flylife.com.au/articles/featured-articles/the-flylife-years

BarryJ
    Participant

Yet to receive my hard copy in Hobart but thoroughly enjoying my digital copy (I get both!😊). It is definitely a great issue; it deserves the prestige attached to being 💯 👍🏻

DrGraham
    Participant

Barry, it can’t be too far away.  My arrived in Kingston this morning, and for once the postie didn’t bend it.  Like you, I get both hard and digital versions – read one, frame the other 🤣

BarryJ
    Participant

👍🏻 Tomorrow with a bit of luck! Hopefully just delayed by the fact that AusPost no longer do daily deliveries!

flylife

Mine isn’t in the bin, which must be saying something. Great effort by Jeremy, Brad, Leighton, and the crew at Printgraphics in Melbourne.🤗  Thanks again to Andrew Harding for the cover pic.
    https://flylife.com.au/articles/videos/andrew-harding-shooting-cover-100

flylife

Nice clips from Andrew Harding, Tom Clancy, David Anderson and Josh Hutchins are all now up on the FL website. Thanks fellas! 👏

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

With delays still holding up some subscribers’ print copies in the post, FlyLife has made issue 100 available on our website.

https://flylife.com.au/flylife_article/flylife-issue-100

To those subscribers who have not received your copy of FlyLife, we’re sorry it’s taking so long.
    We spoke with Australia Post on Friday and they are still working their way a backlog of mail, especially in Victoria, with COVID-19 staffing restrictions reducing capacity dramatically over the last 3 weeks since FlyLife was mailed out.
    Australia Post assured us it will all be received within the next week or so, if not sooner.

In the meantime, we have published a digital copy on our website for active subscribers to access and tide you over.

You will need to login with your current subscriber email to gain access.

Feel free to contact us if you have any issues gaining access. In some cases people have several user accounts and you may need assistance.
    https://flylife.com.au/contact

If you need to reset your password it can be done here.
    https://flylife.com.au/recover-password

We appreciate your patience in these challenging circumstances.

The FlyLife Team

micmac3701
    Participant

Arrived today up here in the hills. Appreciate the online offer but nothing matches the the real deal in your hands.

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it micmac3701

Chris Beech
    Participant

No sign of the hard copy yet – digital version has been digested with thanks and reconfirmed that hard copies rule!

flylife

From what I hear, some Melbourne mags are surfacing, and they are getting to NZ subscribers now too.

ANDREW
    Participant

Picked up my copy from local newsagent previous Saturday – 29/8/20. Australia Post is very slow here in  state of Vic for obvious reasons.

Is this the first time ever mail subscriptions were later than newsagents?

flylife

You will have to ask Rabbit in WA. 🤐

chf
    Participant

Arrived in Melb’s inner north !

Was in the postbox when I got home …have been looking forward to this for a while …a really needed Iso treat especially as we can’t get on the water for a bit yet . Funnily I’m not sure how I’ll go when I finally can get out there again , think I’ll be so keen I’ll be spooking them all over the place and probably falling in too.

Loved the first article I read . Agree with David Freudenberger all the way and wonder if it’s maybe time for a dedicated Conservation/Environmental issues column ( please ) . And had to check for the yellowed spine on no.3 …yup , the only one .

So a heartfelt thanks guys for all the great work , it is really appreciated .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.