Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Fly Waters – Victoria & Snowy Mountains

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Trevor Martin
    Participant

I got to see the advanced copy on Saturaday, this one will burn off the press, its a must have in my book s:up s:up s:up s:up s:up

Wet
    Participant

This is a vast improvement on what was already a must have book! Buy, Borrow or steal one…

I have two s:up (one lives in the car, one the coffee table)

Peter Gibson
    Participant

I got one yesterday, great effort. Refreshing to see some realistic and balanced advice for a change on some of the less fishy locations.

Anonymous

All of our pre-orders have now been mailed.

gizo
    Participant

wooooohooooo s:up

can’t wait

Chief
    Participant

Nice update Philip, a must have in the car s:up BUT I’m still skeptical about fish in the upper Tumut – its just a diabolical plan to get folks to tackle ‘that’ hill 😀

Dave

GR
    Participant

Picked up my signed copy today and have read a few sections. Well done Phil on another quality book 🙂 I couldn’t collect it last week as I was busy fishing one of those spots in the book. 😉

BarryJ
    Participant

Phil, I noticed the other day that "Fishing Sense" is now available through Amazon. Any thoughts on making "Fly Waters – Victoria & Snowy Mountains" available electronically as well :?:

Chief
    Participant
    quote BarryJ:

Phil, I noticed the other day that “Fishing Sense” is now available through Amazon. Any thoughts on making “Fly Waters – Victoria & Snowy Mountains” available electronically as well :?:

Would be great – just downloaded “Fishing Sense” thanks for the heads-up Barry …

Philip Weigall
    Participant

I will look into it Barry and Dave. It would be the publisher’s decision (AFN); they would have to work out if it looks worthwhile in terms of extra sales I guess.

Fishing Sense seems to be doing quite well as an e-book so it seems there is a demand for this format.

BarryJ
    Participant

Thanks Phil. I think "Fly Waters" will be even more popular as an e-book because it makes it so much more transportable. In future I will be taking my iPad with me when I go on overnight walks; the ability to carry quite a few novels in e-book form is a huge advantage in the event of being tent-bound because of inclement weather (highly likely given that Chief is on most of my overnighters! :rolleyes: ). Having guide books like "Fly Waters" and say, Greg’s ""Trout Waters of Tasmania" along on a trip as well would be a another huge plus. s:up

swaddo
    Participant

I’d be up for a digital copy. I’ve already got your other 2 on the tablet s:up

[Tapatalk made me do it]

Fatso
    Participant

I might just be turning into a luddite but I don’t know how much more transportable a book can be and it doesn’t run out of batteries 🙂 (I will concede you can carry more volumes on a tablet)

I do find this to be a great book though, just the ticket to give me a starting point after moving down here. I might need to drop a few hint on the kids about christmas presents for the new book 😀

BarryJ
    Participant

Chris, the iPad gives me the ability to carry a whole LIBRARY of books (and magazines) rather than just the one book and a 10 hour battery life is more than adequate for a 3 day/2 night walk. Hell, if I want to sacrifice a bit of battery life, I will even be able to watch an episode or three of "A River Somewhere" or Chris Bassano’s "Highland Gold" if I am tent bound for any length of time.

Warnesy
    Participant
    quote BarryJ:

Hell, if I want to sacrifice a bit of battery life, I will even be able to watch an episode or three of “A River Somewhere” or Chris Bassano’s “Highland Gold” if I am tent bound for any length of time.

Given the company you keep Barry, you are often tent bound for a very long time :whatever

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.