Travel Talk Ebor calling

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Nog
    Participant

New England can be a fickle place, especially the little streams that can dry up overnight.

Soooo, I was wondering if anyone has been up there in the past few months and can suggest a few places that might hold a tiddler or two? Heading up this weekend.

Norm

Nog
    Participant

Southerners!!!! Hrmmmppppfffhh

JC2
    Participant

Hello Nog, I have always had success on the Styx River at Hyatts Flat follow the Point lookout road and take the right turn after the camp area follow road to Hardwood road and transverse the track down to the river flat. The Guy Fawkes river that runs through town is definitely worth a look. The Couts water named after DC is another. Call into the Trout hatchery they have a map of stocked streams…. take a pick and explore. Failing all of that go to the Pub and have a cold beer the new owners are fly fisherman have a chat.

Good Luck.

Nog
    Participant

Cheers Jeffery

i knew you’d come through.

dctrout
    Participant

I give you permission Nog to fish my waters😉

Nog
    Participant

Thankyou your highness

gif-bowing-57

Have just returned from a quick overnighter on the Ebor region streams and can say they are looking very healthy. Some of the more open meandering streams between Ebor and Dorrigo are still a little high and a smidge dirty, but definitely very fishable. If the extended deluges we have been getting up this way hold off for a few weeks, they will be in prime condition. Given everything is so saturated at the moment, any large drops of rain will cause the rivers to rise again very quickly.

The national park streams, such as the Little Styx, are looking very nice and have settled down after the rains. I managed a few nice fish including this stunning orange-spotted fella on the weekend.

trout

Keep in mind Waterfall Way between Bellingen and Dorrigo is closed at the time of writing due to multiple landslips.

Cheers and good luck,

Thomas

Nog
    Participant

Thanks Tom

It must be just Ebor that hasn’t had rain.

Nice fish mate.  Will probably check out JC’s suggestions and maybe do a bit of an explore on Alans/DC waters.

Cheers

Norm

Nog
    Participant

Had a fantastic spinner hatch season on Coutts Friday arvo, so much so that my fishing mate mislaid two nymph boxes somewhere upstream of the bridge.

If anyone stumbles across them in the four foot grass……

A plunging barometer and 30 knot winds made fishing a tad hard on Saturday and Sunday but we still managed a few.

dynaflow
    Participant

Three degrees and diving at Lake Keepit as we speak,so it’s going to be a bit brisk around Ebor I imagine….winter has arrived!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.