FlyLife Forum Help & Digital Difficulty posting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

_luke
    Participant

Dear Moderator 3,

Thanks for the prompt reply last time, I unfortunately replied to thank you in the auto email I received which I now realise was a no reply address.

So my post is gone again. Just wondering if you mind pointing out why, or what happened? There was nothing in it that broke the rules so just wondering whats happened.

Luke

_luke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

Something went wrong, I’m afraid. The whole thread will disappear if posts are untoward!

bribri
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

No idea, I’m not online much atm so I have no idea what is happening!

thommo227
    Participant

No idea, I’m not online much atm so I have no idea what is happening!

Someone needs to talk to the propeller heads who set up the new forum for you.  They’ve done a half-arsed job.

Moderator 2
    Keymaster

If its posts in the “Australian Trout and climate change” thread you are referring too then it maybe they have been deleted.  Mods are taking a much harsher line on posts that don’t address the topic.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

Some tweaks have been made behind the scenes. Hopefully they might help.

thommo227
    Participant

The main issues seem to be:

1. Sometimes fails if you quote someone else;
    2. Can’t post links;
    3. Entire site behave differently if you are logged in cf not logged in.  When not logged in, none of the info about recent posts is visible, and recent posts do not seem to appear in the thread.
    4. And also, if you change threads, it need you to log in again?

flylife

Double check you are logged in to https://flylife.com.au/ and not the old http .

You really need to log in and use Latest Posts to get the latest, though refreshing can help if not logged in.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

Links can usually be posted if they are preceded by text. No text means it is the link is treated as spam and deleted by the spam filter.

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

The main issues seem to be:

1. Sometimes fails if you quote someone else; AGREE
    2. Can’t post links; SEE ABOVE
    3. Entire site behave differently if you are logged in cf not logged in. When not logged in, none of the info about recent posts is visible, and recent posts do not seem to appear in the thread. MEANT TO BE THAT WAY.  OTHERWISE USERS HAVE NO PRIORITY OVER NON-USERS
    4. And also, if you change threads, it need you to log in again? NO

_luke
    Participant

So even my post just asking why my benign post was deleted … was deleted.

Cheers.

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

So even my post just asking why my benign post was deleted … was deleted.

Not deleted just moved to the appropriate Help category in order not to interrupt other threads.

Looks like some of your previous posts were picked up by spam filter (for reasons unknown). As mod3 said we have made some adjustments to the sensitivity of the filter along with other tweaks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.